• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ken Jones Ski Shop-Manchester NH

xwhaler

Anyone used this shop for ski tunes? Specifically I need to get the base of my skis repaired as I have a core shot that is abutting the edge. Concerned that w/o a fix the edge could go at any time.

They get good reviews online and are convenient to my commute but wanted to check in here.

My other options are probably Buchikas or Ski Haus in Salem from a convenience point of view.

Last edited:

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I use Ken Jones to get my skis tuned before the season, but I haven't had a major repair done. I'm sure any of those places would do a great job.

Puck it

Anyone used this shop for ski tunes? Specifically I need to get the base of my skis repaired as I have a core shot that is abutting the edge. Concerned that w/o a fix the edge could go at any time.

They get good reviews online and are convenient to my commute but wanted to check in here.

My other options are probably Buchikas or Ski Haus in Salem from a convenience point of view.

Call Ski Haus and ask when Steve is going to be in Salem and go when is he. Tell him that I sent you.

dlague

I have used them in the past when I lived close to ManchVegas. No complaints.

yeggous

Make sure that they use epoxy and not P-Tex or Metal Grip. I can't stress this enough.

I got few serious core shots of this variety last year. Epoxy was the only repair that held up. Not all ski shops will use epoxy. I go to Proctor (formerly Ken Jones) in Nashua.