• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 04/08-04/09

ALLSKIING

Staff member
andyzee said:
Sorry guys, not in a writing mood now. Long story short, yesterday trails were a bit firm after Fridays rain and it kind of sucked. Today, was a top ten type of day, everything softened up real nice bluebird skies, couldn't ask for much more. Pics can be found here: http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=34
Cover still looks ok. Superstar looks to have a good amount of snow..hope they keep it open into May.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
ALLSKIING said:
Cover still looks ok. Superstar looks to have a good amount of snow..hope they keep it open into May.

The middle part looks a bit thinner then the rest, that is the way it was last year as well. If the weather doesn't get crazy on us, I think there should be no problem with it lasting into May. The crappy thing is them closing Outer Limits, it still has a ton of snow on it. Well, know a few people that we'll be skiing that one with smiles on their faces for the next few weeks, right Ty :wink:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
One more thing, they groomed the hell out of Super Star today, as can be seen in the pics. But it was nice and soft and I never skied it as fast as I did today, it was a real blast!

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
Why would they groom superstar this late in the game... I feel like that is a bonehead move.

Also, they have twice the snow on OL as they do on superstar... why not make that the late season trail this year...

-Porter

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
salida said:
Why would they groom superstar this late in the game... I feel like that is a bonehead move.

Also, they have twice the snow on OL as they do on superstar... why not make that the late season trail this year...

-Porter

I've heard a lot of things said about ASC, but I never heard anyone accuse them of being smart.