• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 12/14

Savemeasammy

This might be fool hearty, but I am braving the crowds at Killington tomorrow. I hate to see that 2fer go to waste. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huck_It_Baby

Wind chill values in the double negative digits for Saturday throughout VT!!

That Peak lodge open yet?

Savemeasammy

Hmmm.... Yuk. Wind holds? I foresee long lines on the gondola! Are you still hitting Smuggs?

ScottySkis

[Originally posted by Gravity]:

Hey - its been so slow here. I'll check if anybody is listening: First let me point out that I snowboard *and* ski, though now that I'm out east I don't snowboard much because I liked it very much in the powder but not so much on the firm stuff. Both sports are awesome. But with kids wanting to talk about whats more "radical" than what. Here is a fun exercise: Look up what the speed record is on skis & snowboard. Compare and discuss ) Look up what the distance jumping record is on both. Look up what the height landed jumping record is on both. Look up what the record for # of tricks in the air on one jump. I know the answers, but the search is part of the fun!

Cold no crowds best time to go to the hill.

Huck_It_Baby

Hmmm.... Yuk. Wind holds? I foresee long lines on the gondola! Are you still hitting Smuggs?

I'll probably be at Stowe on Saturday. They have a lot of trails open and have had accumulating snowfall the last couple nights. Gondola now open too.

Watching the storm and we'll see for Sunday. Smuggs is a possibility....as is Jay and SB.

Savemeasammy

Scotty, I'm not sure about the quote, but I agree: more cold = less crowds! Winds look light. Wind is the real enemy!

dlague

Does not look that windy for tomorrow? We will be there for sure! Blue Helmet and Green jacket! And yes we can deal with the cold!

dlague

If anyone wants to Killington tomorrow and is flying solo I have a 2. Fer I can share ! Just PM me if interested.

steamboat1

I'll be there early next week. Maybe Mon.-Wed. maybe Tues.-Thurs, maybe Mon.-Fri. maybe Tues. but not Wed. but back Thurs.. Who knows, who cares. Look for the guy wearing Bogner & smoking on the chair. Heck the smoke cops might even pull me over at the top & have me handcuffed. That'll be me.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I had the same 2 fer coupon but since my buddy bailed at the last second (some lame excuse about a cold). But its for the best for me anyway because I wouldn't be skiing on Sunday if I skied Saturday (budget restraints). So for the same $40 I'm skiing fresh snow at Ragged and I won't have to pay as much for gas. Be sure to post a TR. I'd like to know what I missed.

C-Rex

Sammy, how'd you make out? I was there yesterday and the cold was never really a problem. No crowds and tons of fresh. Can't ask for any better than that!