• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 3/4/16

medfordmike

I skied Killington from 9-1 today since they were honoring Pico passes. I started at Ramshead for no other reason than I don't think I had been in that lodge or on that lift in 10 years. Worked my way over to Snowdon, then North Ridge, Canyon, Skye Peak, then over to Bear. Never did anything in the Needles chair area though. Mostly cloudy today but some sun poked through. Teens to start but when I left it was in the 20s and comfortable. Not empty but no where near weekend levels of people.

Conditions on the groomers which is where I spent 99% of my day were very consistent. Firm but loose frozen granular on top of a hard base. Coverage was good. Considering the wicked weather surface conditions were very good. Ice was not too far below in places on some trails like Cascade,Skylark, or even Chute but the North Ridge area and Superstar were very nice. First time on Outer Limits this season. Heavy granular but fun. I did do Ridge Run. Not bad coverage on Ridge with some ice at the end. Frolic had the most ice of anything i hit all morning but even then not half bad and it is basically nothing more than a long connector anyway so no matter how good it was I only needed it once :smile:.

IMG_0873.jpg
IMG_0872.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0881.jpg
IMG_0876.jpg

wakenbacon

How did the woods look? Im heading up probably mon-fri cant wait for some sweet spring turns

keyser soze

I was there Saturday and Sunday and had a great time despite subpar conditions. Saturday was basically icy all day but there was places to catch an edge somewhere on the trails. Coming off the Superstar lift and crossing over to Skylarke?? was very icy most of the day and a complete sheet of ice at the end of the day.
Sunday was warmer and the snow softened up early and got icy after~ 2:00.

Can't imagine anything in the woods was doable if you cared about your skis at all.

Probably my last hurrah for the season but better than expected.