• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: 3-24 -08 8:30 - 2:30

Resort or Ski Area: Kilington

Conditions: Blue bird day, cold, Most trails groomed

Trip Report: Skied with my daughter and friend Bruce as well as his 4 year old son.
I think we skied most of the blue and green runs that K has to offer today. The runs were groomed out but just perfect for the kids to ski on. I got to show my daughter a ton of the mountain and she loved taking all the different lifts and both gondolas. She really learned what its like to explore the mountain. I also found some hidden gems off the green trails that I never see since I am never on those trails.

One goal my daughter and I had for her was to ski a black by the end of the season. Well, today was the day, she took one look at mouse trap and said lets do it! Once at the top she looked down and said now way, but I kept her calm and said just followed me and I said you can do it. She took it real slow but did GREAT and never fell. What a day she was so happy and it was one of the best ski days I have ever had.

BeanoNYC

You skiing tomorrow Dave?

Edit: Wow...I didn't read through the whole post. You must be a proud Dad. How old is she now?