• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Leaving Labor Day for vacation

Warp Daddy

Be leaving for Bolton Landing on Lake George early am sounds like at least the next 7-10 days supposed to be sunny int the low -mid 80's so swimming boating and golf lookin good

After Bolton somewhere in either the Cape or Maine . We'll be off line for 2/3 weeks --------------

Warp

Hawkshot99

How far is Bolten from Hueletts Landing? My aunt owns a house their and I want to go visit there. I love Lake George, but not down in the village. I like getting up the lake to were it is quite.

Warp Daddy

Thanx guys i'm going to miss the camaraderie and joshing while the Queen of the Hop and i are away !!

Hawk : Huletts Landing is on the eastern shore of LG while Bolton Landing is on the western shore damn near opposite each other ,
The " Sagamore "is located in Bolton Landing which is about 10 miles north of LG village -very nice community far enuf away from the hubbub of the village yet close enuf to tool in @ nite for a few laffs .

Jerry you're RIGHT -- I'm on perpetual "play-cycle" now hell if i was ANY more mellow ( from being retired from PAID work :D ) i d be friggin dead !!

We'll try to add some "economic stimulus " :D to "The Vacation State's "coffers LMAO

C U guys !!
Warp

Warp Daddy

I'll miss your quips, Warp Daddy. Have fun.

Hey thanx Rich, i'll miss your wit too - R U guys in school yet or starting this week ??

AT any rate HAVE a great year, with your enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity i'll bet you're a GREAT teacher .

My #1 grandson is starting an honors program @ Brooklyn Poly Tech High school <He tells me its a 40 min subway ride from his home in the West 80's . Hope to see it when the Queen and i visit in October

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
How far is Bolten from Hueletts Landing? My aunt owns a house their and I want to go visit there. I love Lake George, but not down in the village. I like getting up the lake to were it is quite.

I actually grew up in Bolton Landing, my family operated a resort for 20 years on Northwest Bay about 2 miles north of the village on Rt 9N.

As mentioned HL and Bolton Landing are on opposite sides of the lake but nor really across from each other so I would say about 6-8 miles by boat. By car another story, about 30 miles.

Hawkshot99

Hawk : Huletts Landing is on the eastern shore of LG while Bolton Landing is on the western shore damn near opposite each other ,
The " Sagamore "is located in Bolton Landing which is about 10 miles north of LG village -very nice community far enuf away from the hubbub of the village yet close enuf to tool in @ nite for a few laffs .

You stay at the Sagamore? I have heard alot of nice tings about it. Cool private place out on a island. Also heard a few weeks ago that it was sold to some company in Florida.

Warp Daddy

You stay at the Sagamore? I have heard alot of nice tings about it. Cool private place out on a island. Also heard a few weeks ago that it was sold to some company in Florida.

No-----------we have an old family place about 2 miles by boat from the SAG but from the dock we look out at the SAG

deadheadskier

Staff member
Vacation from what? You don't even work :razz: Be sure to stop in Maine.. we need the tax revenue.

:lol: yeah, Maine really could use the tax revenue :lol: There's more than enough tax revenue in that state, it's spending that's the problem. Maine is the most fiscally mismanaged place I've ever seen. I loved living there in terms of sense of place, in terms of taxes? I'll never move back...N-E-V-E-R

Back on topic, have fun Warp Daddy. If you do make it to Maine and can make it back online, give me a shout if you're looking for any decent restaurant recommendations

Have fun :beer:

Sky

*ENVY*

WD...enjoy the easy schedule and the toatal lack of crowds.

Great timing!

I was working in FL for a summer...Ft Walton Beach *sweet*.

In September...the touristy traps were empty as were the beaches. And the weather was fabulous.

I'll keep that place in mind when I get to the point where I can take a week (or so).

Travel well and enjoy.

Warp Daddy

thanx again one and all -- we'll miss your intelligence and humor

-- yep SKY this retirement gig is GREAT and Sept is awesome for restaurant ,lodging and golf discounting and total lack of crowds

Carrie : good luck in class and have fun on the bike just PLEASE no more Evel Kneivel otb STUNTS ok ??

Mildcat

Bringing your Les Paul? I wanna hear you all the way to Worcester. Crank that thing up!!!

Warp Daddy

Bringing your Les Paul? I wanna hear you all the way to Worcester. Crank that thing up!!!

Waiting for the Queen to finish breakfast then we're outta HERE !!

But MC THE LP will stay BUT when i get to my son in laws in MA we are having a major neighborhood jam He's got beaucoup guitars and various "trick boxes" and is a VERY good axeman BUT the real treat is my grandson (11) is becoming a good drummer and he loves to play with us -- so we'll be CRANKIN the volume == U MAY hear us in Worcester my man !!! ROFLMAO

C YA