• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for Colorado skiing discounts

jaytrem

A-Basin is already loaded up to Liftopia. Most days are 39% off or better. I'd probably wait until I at least see what the Colorado Gems card is offering.

MadPadraic

There aren't many discounts on Breck, but it is money well spent. It's probably my favorite of the Vail Resorts. If we happen to be out there at the same time, I'll get you a SWAF/buddy discount.

jaytrem

I posted this in the Cheap Skiing thread but figured I'll post here also for people looking for Colorado specific.

The Colorado Gems card is now available for $20. It is improved this year. You get a 2 for 1 ticket at...

Arapahoe Basin, Eldora, Loveland, Monarch Mountain, Powderhorn, Ski Cooper, Ski Granby Ranch, and Sunlight.

1 for each place, with the usual blackouts.

http://www.coloradoski.com/gems

Smellytele

I posted this in the Cheap Skiing thread but figured I'll post here also for people looking for Colorado specific.

The Colorado Gems card is now available for $20. It is improved this year. You get a 2 for 1 ticket at...

Arapahoe Basin, Eldora, Loveland, Monarch Mountain, Powderhorn, Ski Cooper, Ski Granby Ranch, and Sunlight.

1 for each place, with the usual blackouts.

http://www.coloradoski.com/gems

I just bought a fully transferable 4 pack of tickets for 139 to A-basin so I won't be needing the gem card but that could be a great deal if you were going to use them for all those places. also so far got a geigerrig pack for $59 with the skull candy passport with a pass for Durango, got the ski colorado pass for my 5th grader and bought an ebook. I am at about $43 a day per person (5 people for 7 days of skiing) and think I can find some more deals before hand.

jaytrem

I just bought a fully transferable 4 pack of tickets for 139 to A-basin so I won't be needing the gem card but that could be a great deal if you were going to use them for all those places. also so far got a geigerrig pack for $59 with the skull candy passport with a pass for Durango, got the ski colorado pass for my 5th grader and bought an ebook. I am at about $43 a day per person (5 people for 7 days of skiing) and think I can find some more deals before hand.

Sounds like you're off to a great start. You just need to come up with some trail names for Breck and you'll be all set.

You doing good with a rental car and hotels too? I can pass along some potentially useful discount codes if you need them.

skiNEwhere

Shell had a deal where you could ski for free at one of 6 different resorts for a day if you bought 10 gallons of gas, not sure if they'll bring it back this year but worth checking

jaytrem

Okay got it down to $38 a day per person. Only need Taos discounts!

Nice, what did you do for Breck? This is the REI where I got the discount Taos tickets last time I was there.

http://www.rei.com/stores/santa-fe.html

I flew into ABQ though, so it was on the way. Might not work so well for you. I'd give them call, they probably know if they'll be selling again this year even if they don't know how much. I think it was about 25% off when I was last there.

Smellytele

Nice, what did you do for Breck? This is the REI where I got the discount Taos tickets last time I was there.

http://www.rei.com/stores/santa-fe.html

I flew into ABQ though, so it was on the way. Might not work so well for you. I'd give them call, they probably know if they'll be selling again this year even if they don't know how much. I think it was about 25% off when I was last there.

Ski Stef helped me out> i was already staying through Breck via their come for a 2 hour timeshare tour and get cheap digs and ski discounts