• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon 2008-03-30

Skier75

Date(s) Skied: 2008-03-30

Resort or Ski Area: Loon

Conditions: Packed powder over hard pack and ice Sunny and warm

Trip Report: This was our best day at Loon yet. Nice and warm, completely open, not too crowded (Sundays are better than Saturdays. They had received 5 inches on Friday and 3 on Saturday, and here we were! Even Better, my wife's daughter joined us for the fun.

We first did a couple laps on the gondy, as it wasn't too crowded, enjoying Flying Fox and others. The we headed over to the new expansion area on the crossing lift. What a nice couple of cruisers. Long, rolling and turning trails! Wow, did we love those trails, especially Boom run. We did several runs down that one, including our last run for the day. These trails are served by a superquad, all the better!

We snacked and went back out, doing several runs off the North Peak quad. Later we would revisit that area and watch the good skiiers do the triple trouble bumps. I considered it, but passed. Still a little cautious on these new skiis. Probably could have done it, but this was to be our last day of the season, and it was a great day, and we were having such fun.....

We pretty much checked out the whole mountain, as this was Maegen's first trip to Loon. The trails off the Kancamagus quad were fun. We watched the last cardboard derby run, what a hoot! We also tried out the shallower bumps they had, just because. They had a rail contest going on and we caught some of that also. That is something I'll never do, but I sure enjoy watching it. There was a quarter pipe there.... yup.... took one run thru it. Actually made a decent turn in it and shot out the other side. Another slow day, and I would have done more.....

For lunch, we ate out on the deck, by the fire. Pretty nice. Got some fries, $$$$$$ 4.69 for a small basket of fries. I did fill out a survey, as I will do whenever one is available anywhere. Pretty much gave them high marks for everything. I think they do a good job. But under suggestions, I suggested that they make eating resort food more affordable. Otherwise, we did like the resort, and will be back.

Good times!

Nice report $4.69 for fries really isn't that bad..that's only like 1.5 gallons of gas..lol..and the view is good at the ski area.