• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lost Ski on Rt 89 by exit 11

Puck it

I just noticed this yesterday for the first time. I am brain dead. I travel that road alot. What is the areas name? It on the left side of the road going by exit 11 northbound.:???:

powbmps

I thought you lost a ski on the highway......

http://www.nelsap.org/nh/kingridge.html

There's a whole neighborhood up at the top. Easy access if you want to be dropped off and ski down. Not that the skiing is very exciting.

There is a neighborhood at the bottom as well but most of the old trails are on convservation land so anyone can use them for skiing, hiking, snowmobiling, etc.

Lots of black bears running around though so look out. If they don't get you the turkeys will.

Geoff

The day lodge and parking lot are at the top of the hill. Back in the day, a friend of mine got his Scirocco stuck on the ski trail and had to get it pulled out by a snow cat.

Puck it

I thought you lost a ski on the highway......

http://www.nelsap.org/nh/kingridge.html

There's a whole neighborhood up at the top. Easy access if you want to be dropped off and ski down. Not that the skiing is very exciting.

There is a neighborhood at the bottom as well but most of the old trails are on convservation land so anyone can use them for skiing, hiking, snowmobiling, etc.

Lots of black bears running around though so look out. If they don't get you the turkeys will.

Sorry for the typo. Did not catch it. Maybe a moderator can fix it.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
I thought you too lost a ski on 89.... then I thought of VT Exit 11, where on the left side (not sure if its visible from I-89 though) is Cochran's - a small ski area that may look like its "lost" but its very much well alive.

At least you didn't say Exit 11 on I-91.... or I-95 !!!
(though most of us know there are no ski areas near any Exit 11 on I-91 or I-95)