• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen - 2008-04-06

WoodCore

Date(s) Skied: Sunday April 6, 2008

Ski Area: Mad River Glen, VT

Conditions: Spring Conditions. The surface was firm to start in the morning but as the temps rose with the strong spring sun, it improved to some of the best corn snow I've skied in years. :D

Trip Report:

Although a little discouraged this morning when I looked out the window in Ludlow, VT to see cloudy skies and fog hanging around the summt area of Okemo I put my faith in the predicted weather conditions up in the Mad River Valley and was not disappointed!!

With a big cup of coffee and some good tunes, the trip up Route 100 seemed to fly bye. Left Ludlow at around 7:30 and pulled into a prime parking spot in the lot at MRG right around 9am. The frost heaves only skipped my CD player twice on the ride up. :lol:

Booted up in the lot, exchanged $35 for a lift ticket and hit the mountain. Did a few laps on the groomed terrain in the morning as the snow surface was still firm but after about 10am the snow started to "Corn" and after that it was a quintessential New England spring ski day. Everything was open, the snowpack is deep and you skied where ever you wanted to.

Skied from 9am to 2pm with a break for a tasty roast beef sandwich and a Single Chair Ale at the base box and logged around 15,000 feet of descent. It actually got very busy as the day went on, probably a 25 minute wait for the single chair when I left.

Definitely a great day to be at MRG!!

Here's some pictures. Enjoy! :D

Sunnyside

IMG_0007.jpg

View From Falline

IMG_0017.jpg

Random Tree Shot

IMG_0019.jpg

Ferret

IMG_0032.jpg

Chute

IMG_0025.jpg