• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen: 4/5/08

thetrailboss

Staff member
Date: April 5, 2008

2006 Trip Report #: 56

Resort: Mad River Glen

Conditions: SC/Snow changing to nice spring conditions.

Weather: Cloudy Skies and Fog linger at the summits. Temps in the 40's.

Trip Report: The last time I skied MRG was in 2002 when things were thin and I stuck mainly to groomers rather than braving the icy bumps. Today was a different story. I was able to convince friend and tele skier MS to come with me. It was a great day...lots of great soft snow and plenty of terrain to hit. We hit all the diamonds except for the closed Fall Line and Paradise runs. Pretty good considering we started at 11. We also spotted awf170, eatskisleep, and riverc0il from the lift.

Some pics in order of what we hit....

We ended up on Canyon and then Eaton's Run with some nice stuff:

IMG_15591.JPG

Before doing Catamount Chute to Gazelle and then hitting Gazelle top to bottom:

IMG_15641.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG

We then went up top to watch the mogul challenge and skied Upper Liftline back to Moody's and Canyon.

Liftline was just too tasty:

IMG_1570.JPG

Though I followed my nice line a bit too far and found myself peering over the cliffs...so I had to backtrack rather than make the mandatory air. Probably should have just taken it:

Mark on Liftline:

We did a nice spin down Antelope and then down Catamount Bowl to Lynx/Beaver:

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
We jumped into some woods near Rockefeller and had an audience cheering us on. They cheered Mark to make the plunge off the mini-cliff and he obliged.

We then hit the Upper Glade and Lower Glade:

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

Nice area.

We then went back and hit Partridge/Slalom Hill which was nice:

IMG_16001.JPG

At this point, Mark had to go so I headed over to the Training Slope and laid tracks down Cricket:

IMG_1601.JPG

Before returning to the double to hit Gazelle Glades and then cutting over to the Single for two quick spins off the top...the last run being Ferret to Upper Glade:

IMG_1604.JPG

Wow. What an amazing day. We found the goods.

Greg

Staff member
Adult skis too!!! Woohoo, trailboss. I'm very proud of you. ;)

Great pics. MRG is a favorite of mine. You gotta get back when Fall Line and Paradise are open. Both are fantastic.

Greg

Staff member
Oh...BTW, Partridge is pretty sick terrain. Right up there with much of the stuff off the Single.