• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen March 28

Brad J

I haven't been to MRG for at least 18 Years and I am happy to report nothing has changed except that the Single Chair seams smoother, The coverage is exceptional, firm big bumps withe nice snow about 2/3 down, great fun on all my favorites of the single. the double side was not nearly as good. I really need to buy a share, that place is a real gem in comparison to the corporate ski ownership world.

Cannonball

I haven't been to MRG for at least 18 Years and I am happy to report nothing has changed except that the Single Chair seams smoother, The coverage is exceptional, firm big bumps withe nice snow about 2/3 down, great fun on all my favorites of the single. the double side was not nearly as good. I really need to buy a share, that place is a real gem in comparison to the corporate ski ownership world.

I haven't been to MRG in just over 18 years. I'm happy to report that one thing has changed...I started snowboarding. I'd really love to buy a share if I wasn't limited in how i could enjoy it.

thetrailboss

Staff member

They did a great job with that lift.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

nkLottery

Great to hear, might have to get back soon! Took my first trip ever to MRG this year in February and was not disappointed. A lifetime memorable ski day for me

Brad J

I haven't been to MRG in just over 18 years. I'm happy to report that one thing has changed...I started snowboarding. I'd really love to buy a share if I wasn't limited in how i could enjoy it.

Well if you did but a share then you would have a chance to change the policy, all you would have to do is get 2250 fellow shares to vote for it, otherwise you will have to put the ski's on and enjoy what the place offers. I know it's a limitation for you but better than not going there at all IMO.

WWF-VT

Does every MRG thread need to derail into a discussion about how the co-op chooses not to allow snowboarders?

Domeskier

Does every MRG thread need to derail into a discussion about how the co-op chooses not to allow snowboarders?
really? MRG doesn't allow boarders? You would think they'd advertise that fact or something. Go figure. i guess if enough if enough of them bought in they could vote to change the policy.

skiNEwhere

What about teleboarding?

I didn't even know what that was until I saw the thread about alta getting sued by the founder of skullcandy a few months ago.

Who knows? If so, tele boarders across the globe unite, they can plead their case if it is in fact banned.

Seems like such a counter intuitive way to get down the hill....