• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Meetup March 15th

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I couldn't make it again. My wife got a nasty stomach bug in south Carolina. So typical. This had been the crummiest season !!! For me. Salt on the wound is all the snow!

wa-loaf

I missed most everyone being with the kids all day. Got out at the end for a bit and ran into 4aprice and his son and got a couple good runs in with them. I'll be back another time. Really liked it there, great vibe, parking was easy on a saturday and someone had bunnies in the bar that they were just letting people carry around.

Savemeasammy

It was a great day. Conditions really softened up as the day went on, and despite the fact not everything was open, everything was certainly skiable ;).

I skied much of the day with MadMadWorld (who drew the ire of some ornery old bat on the chairlift with some of his rope-ducking shenanigans), Tin, and Erika. We also made turns with Bostonian and Hammer, and got a tour of some of the good stuff by JRMagic and Rusty Groomer.

Magic is a great mountain with a great vibe, and look forward to getting back!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

MadMadWorld

It was really fantastic. I love that mountain more and more everytime. Thanks to John and Greg for a great time. A nice group of skiers today! Hopefully we can all do it again and avoid pissing off the ladies. FWIW, some of the best snow on the mountain was found under those ropes. Those ropes only meant that they were reserving the trail for me. Plus, we were doing the public a favor by testing out the snow quality on Red line a few times. Yea, it definitely needed more snow ;)

Last edited:

MadMadWorld

I missed most everyone being with the kids all day. Got out at the end for a bit and ran into 4aprice and his son and got a couple good runs in with them. I'll be back another time. Really liked it there, great vibe, parking was easy on a saturday and someone had bunnies in the bar that they were just letting people carry around.

We saw you at the top of the Red with your kids but you seemed tied up. Next time we will make some turns together!

jrmagic

Was great to ski with the group. It was a fun day. Sorry I didn't get to meet some of you. My day was a little shotened due to a scare with my knee but happy to say I was a little stiff today while I skied but doesn't seem like I did anything really bad.

Last edited:

MadMadWorld

Was great to ski with the group. It was a fun way. Sorry I didn't get to meet some of you. My day was a little shotenedbdue to a scare with my knee but happy to say I was a little stiff today while Ibskied but doesn't seem like I did anything really bad.

Glad it's feeling better!

Savemeasammy

Was great to ski with the group. It was a fun day. Sorry I didn't get to meet some of you. My day was a little shotened due to a scare with my knee but happy to say I was a little stiff today while I skied but doesn't seem like I did anything really bad.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Magic soon - perhaps with the wife (and kid/s in tow). I would like her to ski the mountain and experience the cool vibe! It was great making turns with you, and hopefully we can do it again. I'm glad to hear the knee is doing well. You should probably wait until the end of ski season if you are going to injure yourself like that ;)

jrmagic

Lol SS and thanks guys. Let me know if you're gonna make it back. It would be great to make some more turns with you or anyone else for that matter. Tin Loved the way your girl went after anything and everything thrown her way. Hammer as MMW said you pushed yourself hard. Kudos for the effort. It was fun and sorry if I wasn't more specific about the location of the drop lol but you handled it just fine.

hammer

Lol SS and thanks guys. Let me know if you're gonna make it back. It would be great to make some more turns with you or anyone else for that matter. Tin Loved the way your girl went after anything and everything thrown her way. Hammer as MMW said you pushed yourself hard. Kudos for the effort. It was fun and sorry if I wasn't more specific about the location of the drop lol but you handled it just fine.
Thanks for the tour and the encouraging words (and for waiting on me). Mistake on the drop was all mine, you did tell me about the bailout...

Lesson learned on the drive home was to avoid the roads less traveled in NH. Came back via NH 124 which was all frost heaves, not fun.

4aprice

Sorry I didn't get to meet everybody despite the texts. (a couple of mine failed to deliver) We had a great day and enjoyed my runs with Wa Loaf. The bar was really fun to as mentioned before with the rabbits (which my wife was cuddling) and the St Patricks Day festivities. Was hoping to be identified by my green/yellow coat (I think its a little loud) but no dice. I sure we saw plenty of each other just not knowing who it was. Really don't understand why Red Line was closed as it looked well covered to me. Son went down in that area but beat it out of there as he saw 2 boarders getting tickets clipped.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

MadMadWorld

Sorry I didn't get to meet everybody despite the texts. (a couple of mine failed to deliver) We had a great day and enjoyed my runs with Wa Loaf. The bar was really fun to as mentioned before with the rabbits (which my wife was cuddling) and the St Patricks Day festivities. Was hoping to be identified by my green/yellow coat (I think its a little loud) but no dice. I sure we saw plenty of each other just not knowing who it was. Really don't understand why Red Line was closed as it looked well covered to me. Son went down in that area but beat it out of there as he saw 2 boarders getting tickets clipped.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Saw the bunny but missed you. Maybe I saw your wife holding it. We had a beer on the deck and then decided to get some food. I'm surprised to hear about tickets being pulled. Glad your son managed to dodge that!

hammer

Good thing I stayed away from the bar...rabbits are neat (had one as a pet may years ago) but I'm highly allergic to them.

4aprice, I did park next to someone with NJ plates (said hello) but I didn't know if it was you. Think I would have missed everyone if I didn't hear someone say MMW's name at the bottom of the Red Chair.

wa-loaf

I'm surprised to hear about tickets being pulled.

The lifty on the red chair yelled at me. lol
I had just left the kids in the lodge and wanted to get going so I pulled up to a deserted lift, no one in line and no lifty. So I just kept going and got on a chair. Lifty came running out and said he'd pull my privileges if I did that again.

4aprice

4aprice, I did park next to someone with NJ plates (said hello) but I didn't know if it was you. Think I would have missed everyone if I didn't hear someone say MMW's name at the bottom of the Red Chair.

I did say hello to a gentleman from Mass in the lot. Black Dodge Durango, backed in to spot. I'll be really bummed if that was you and we just missed.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

MadMadWorld

The lifty on the red chair yelled at me. lol
I had just left the kids in the lodge and wanted to get going so I pulled up to a deserted lift, no one in line and no lifty. So I just kept going and got on a chair. Lifty came running out and said he'd pull my privileges if I did that again.

That's just ridiculous. I probably would have laughed at him and told him then don't be lazy and do your job instead of sitting inside. It was a beautiful day. That guy just seems angry at the world.

hammer

I did say hello to a gentleman from Mass in the lot. Black Dodge Durango, backed in to spot. I'll be really bummed if that was you and we just missed.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Sounds about right. Had my little Volvo parked in between a few SUVs. Sorry I didn't ask.

Savemeasammy

I don't usually remember what it is that people say they will be wearing! However I was in a red jacket/black pants. I don't think that get-up stands out at all, but my pony tail probably does :)

jrmagic

I don't usually remember what it is that people say they will be wearing! However I was in a red jacket/black pants. I don't think that get-up stands out at all, but my pony tail probably does :)

The ponytail didn't stand out as much as your ability to zipper line the bumps!