• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Opening Day Powder

Tin

Amazing job by the new team at Magic for opening yesterday!

Was planning on hiking and snowshoeing given the pictures of the upper mountain prior to the storm (completely bare thanks to some inversion events). Around 10pm at BLT we saw the groomer heading up and got hopeful. JamaicaMan's on top of things with the updates and great communication.

Started the morning with some hair of the dog and playing cards until Red Chair started loading around 11:30. Got a couple great powder runs in as they received a solid 9-10" down low and more up top the night prior. Some thin cover to deal but most rocks/bare spots could be avoided. Got three fantastic runs in with RustyGroomer as untouched snow was easy to find.

Happy to read snowmaking started up again this morning and they might get a little bit more tonight. Moving the bar in BLT adds a lot more room which was helpful given the amount of people yesterday. Rusty, JRMagic, and others are some great hosts!

Anyone know of a good boot fitter in the Pioneer Valley area? My lady/skiing partner has been having some major boot issues to start the year after we thought they were resolved last year.

magic1.jpgmagic 2.jpg

Tin

I've seen lots of pictures of the crowds there but no pics of freshies.

And yes, $20 or a few 4 packs of Building 8. Planning on any Tues/Thursday days up there? I miss Cannon.

Last edited:

Cornhead

Nice score again, had originally planned skiing there today, but stayed in central NY, it was good, got about 5". Skied semi fresh untracked today.
88b63f85e8a1776b32abd44ac18df87a.jpg

Fresh yesterday
806bb937ffc1b3652e18431ca32f9538.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

I've seen lots of pictures of the crowds there but no pics of freshies.

And yes, $20 or a few 4 packs of Building 8. Planning on any Tues/Thursday days up there? I miss Cannon.

Awesome get Tin! Now pull you head out of the leprechaun's ass and join the rest of us!

Had a BLgD8 the double last night. Good shit!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Tin

Awesome get Tin! Now pull you head out of the leprechaun's ass and join the rest of us!

Had a BLgD8 the double last night. Good shit!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

The streak ends tomorrow at Berkshire East unless that clipper ends up dumping lol.

Puck it

Sounds like it all got blown off.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
No and no it didn't. Not windy at all. It was realistically is more like 8-10". Every Joey under the sun was there. Starter jackets. Huge gaper gaps. Mostly day tickets. It got all scraped off by noon. Mitty was terrible. No grooming until on Skyline or Barons. Canyland aka idiots delight has no entrance due to snowmaking. John took some pics.