• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Share Payment Plan now Available!

orangegondola

Website
www.chairlift.org
From the horses mouth:

This weekend will also mark the first day The Magic Partnership, LLC is offering a new payment plan for the purchase of shares in the Mountain. Now is the time to invest in the future of Magic! We are in the midst of an outstanding season and are looking forward to a fantastic spring. Come and see why Magic is worth investing in. Click Here for more information on The Magic Partnership, LLC and the new payment plan offering.

www.magicmtn.com

If you have been thinking about keeping Magic around next year but can't plop down $3000 at once now is the time!

WWF-VT

Any idea if Magic came close to their projections for skier visits and tickets sold ? People might want updated information before signing up for 12 payments of $250 per quarter per share plus interest.

roark

Nothing official, but it's clear as a regular that skier visits have well exceeded last year, which exceeded the several years prior. (Short) Lines on a weekend have become the norm. I'm too lazy to look up the plan but I'd b surprised if visits were lagging at this point.

orangegondola

Website
www.chairlift.org
I don't work for the mountain but am a shareholder.

Skier visits were exceeded weeks ago. I am sure Matt or Jim at the hill would be happy to walk you through any of the details. They keep a very open book policy.

I have also been told that the Mtn is turning a profit.

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
We will be releasing more of these types of details shortly after the season wraps up; but in short to date we are about 8% ahead of last year in total skier visits. About 20% ahead in paid skier visits, ie no passholders, comp tickets, etc. Our Presidents week was the slowest in the 4 years I have been here stemming mainly from our 14 trail count for the majority of the week. I

As for a profit, that will be close after you factor in year end charges, but certainly looking promising. We made a lot more snow this year than in the past which obviously costs money.

Finally, we also tackled some costly items that will reap advantages down the road such as a variable frequency drive on our main snow making pump. It was a huge expenditure, but needed, that will effect the bottom line.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
We will be releasing more of these types of details shortly after the season wraps up; but in short to date we are about 8% ahead of last year in total skier visits. About 20% ahead in paid skier visits, ie no passholders, comp tickets, etc. Our Presidents week was the slowest in the 4 years I have been here stemming mainly from our 14 trail count for the majority of the week. I

As for a profit, that will be close after you factor in year end charges, but certainly looking promising. We made a lot more snow this year than in the past which obviously costs money.

Finally, we also tackled some costly items that will reap advantages down the road such as a variable frequency drive on our main snow making pump. It was a huge expenditure, but needed, that will effect the bottom line.

So the real question is.......:(drum roll please!) Will there be Magic next season.... I understand only about 1/3-1/2 of the 1000 shares wanted to be sold this season have been purchased..Is this true? and what is the likelihood of lifts spinning at Magic next year?

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com

Please correct me if my numbers are off....if you carry the 8% increase to the end of the season from last year it goes from 16,000 to around 17,300. If that all Magic needs to turn a profit, that's great. Most resorts reported increases in season pass sales....Magic as well? .

orangegondola

Website
www.chairlift.org
Updat this AM

March 22, 2010

Dear Friends of Magic:

Greetings from Londonderry. We have had a successful season thus far, and although spring weather has ruled the day of late, we are not ready to call it a season yet. We intend to be open on Friday through Sunday through Easter weekend, April 3rd and 4th, and possibly later if a spring snow storm happens to develop. This past weekend featured optimum spring conditions with great coverage, and many of you came out and enjoyed a fabulous weekend of sun and fun on the slopes and the deck. I encourage you all to come to VT the next couple of weeks and enjoy our great mountain together with the camaraderie of a skiers’ community.

Today we are instituting a new method of purchasing shares. Now one can purchase a share via a payment plan rather than making one lump sum payment. The payment plan works as follows: A $200 down payment is made upon signing the Subscription Agreement, and thereafter the payment plan calls for quarterly payments of $250 for three years. Of course, the traditional way of purchasing a share with a lump sum payment remains available. I am hopeful that implementing this payment plan will enable many more people to participate and purchase shares. All of the information and documents can be found on our web-site www.magicmtn.com by clicking on the “Invest in Magic’s Future” tab on the front page of the site. If you have not done so already, please consider purchasing a share now.

To date we have sold 161 shares, and we must sell 300 before we can put the money to use. Obviously we have some work to do. We are reaching out to all of Magic’s fans in an effort to reach the 300 level by the end of the spring so that we can begin to implement the improvements outlined in the Business Plan this summer. Many thanks to the current shareholders; your early commitment to Magic and your past and future efforts to spread the word and encourage new shareholders are invaluable and greatly appreciated. Please continue those efforts and help us get to the Magic number of 300.

On a final note, authentic Magic trail signs are now on sale from which part of the proceeds will go toward shares. Dennis Duggan is the craftsman who is making and selling the signs. He can make a sign for any trail you desire. Please visit his web-site, www.savemagictrailsigns.com to view and order your authentic Magic trail sign. There is also a link to Dennis’ site on the Magic web-site. Additionally, Save Magic t-shirts are still available at www.savemagicvermont.com. These have been a huge hit and have already generated several shares. We extend many thanks to Greg Williams and the Save Magic Vermont team for their efforts in funding and coordinating the t-shirt sales.

I am grateful for the groundswell of support for this great mountain, and I thank you all for your patronage at all levels. Every share counts and every ticket sold helps. Together we can make Magic work. Please feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Jim Sullivan

President

jsullivan@magicmtn.com

802-824-5645

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What's involved in being a shareholder? A set annual amount that must be spent on the hill, like at Mad River Glen? Special privileges? I'm sure this has been covered before, but refresh my memory... Aside from saving Magic, what are the advantages?

jrmagic

What's involved in being a shareholder? A set annual amount that must be spent on the hill, like at Mad River Glen? Special privileges? I'm sure this has been covered before, but refresh my memory... Aside from saving Magic, what are the advantages?

Shareholder Benefits

• 20% discount on a season pass for adult shareholders (Must be purchased by October 1st each year to receive discount)

• 50% discount on a season pass for junior shareholders (ages 7-12, Must be purchased by October 1st each year to receive discount)

• Five coupons for discounted lift tickets which they can share with friends and family

• A free Magic Card entitling the holder to discounts on day tickets throughout the season for shareholders opting not to purchase a season pass

• Right of first refusal on new area amenities such as seasonal lockers

• Direct access to management by way of a customized web page

• Opportunity to serve on specialized committees established by the Board

• For every paid adult pass, shareholders can purchase a 12 and under Junior pass (ages 7-12) for immediate family members at a 50% discount

• 15% discount on resort services

• Holders of 4 or more shares receive a free season pass

Not to mention its a great place for families and skiing and riding with a great bunch of people;)

neil

I'm not in a financial position to buy a share, but as a snowboarder, I'm curious whether should the shareholders take control there would be a nice shiny new rule that gets voted in saying "No snowboarders allowed at Magic".

Wonder if that is perhaps putting off some snowboarders?

orangegondola

Website
www.chairlift.org
I'm not in a financial position to buy a share, but as a snowboarder, I'm curious whether should the shareholders take control there would be a nice shiny new rule that gets voted in saying "No snowboarders allowed at Magic".

Wonder if that is perhaps putting off some snowboarders?

As many of the current shareholders are snowboarders (Including myself part time) I can safely say that has not ever even been a topic of discussion. Magic has great support from one plankers, we don't care what you ride as long as you ride!

RustyGroomer

Yeah, not going to happen Neil. Magic has far too many snowboarders & snowboarding history for that to even be considered. Plus, we like the knuckledraggers anyway. ;-) As OG said, we even have a few in the house who currently own shares.