• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Maintaining the Ski Lifestyle

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Dlague has it nailed. It is hard. I have a 2 year old and 4 year old and I basically have Summit and then weekends at Wachusett with the kids teaching them at this point

On the Beachbody thing ... I sent you a message. My wife is a coach and does extremely well with it and it's been really rewarding. She finished last year top 50 in the entire company. It's been life changing for us, to the point where I'm nearing retirement from my day job.

MadMadWorld

The struggle is real for all you clowns that say I'm trolling. Cost of daycare has gone up $20 a week, insurance 5%, and property tax increase as well. It might not seem like a lot to most but it's tough when you are already on a budget. We are in a situation where we have tried to reduce our spending but it's still tough. We just need to supplement our current income at least in the short term. Nick, I will definitely be reaching out to you!

As far as skiing goes, I have accepted that having kids changes the way I enjoy the sport. My daughter and I have a pass at Wachusett now and the only gnar I get to ski these days is an icy groomer. She's turning 4 on Sunday and already ripping skiing some intermediate trails so I'm excited for the future. Needless to say, my blood pressure still goes up when I ski but in a different way!

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app