• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meetings about safety

Glenn

So I've got a few posts under my belt and I've been her for a number of months.....

I thought I knew the meaning of "Safety Meeting" and interpreted it a certain way for a good amount of time. Then I read a thread Root started about his job...and how he moved up through his company. He mentioned giving up those meetings when he took a new position. I was stumped. How could a new position prevent this? Did it have to do with the office layout? Was it not clean? Did they frown up breaks? Why can't Root take a dump at work? Then I put 2:10 and 2:10 together.

Now I get it. Thanks Root. :beer:

LOL...I freaking love 420..especially when skiing..nothing like ripping a few milky yokes before ripping some sa weet turns..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
So I've got a few posts under my belt and I've been her for a number of months.....

I thought I knew the meaning of "Safety Meeting" and interpreted it a certain way for a good amount of time. Then I read a thread Root started about his job...and how he moved up through his company. He mentioned giving up those meetings when he took a new position. I was stumped. How could a new position prevent this? Did it have to do with the office layout? Was it not clean? Did they frown up breaks? Why can't Root take a dump at work? Then I put 2:10 and 2:10 together.

Now I get it. Thanks Root. :beer:

ahhh ok. pm's broke? glad to be of assistance, i think :beer:

Glenn

ahhh ok. pm's broke? glad to be of assistance, i think :beer:

LOL! No new PM...the PM feature must have taken a Safety Meeting...the version I thought it meant...not the real meaning. :razz:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
greenmember_336.jpg

LOL Hardline

Glenn

You work for an insurance company in CT....naaww, you're kidding right?:p

I know, what are the chances of that? :)

Oh, and I kid you not....I just walked by this exact sign in our Risk Control Department. I'll have to get a pic. I LOL'd.

greenmember_336.jpg

We actually have safety meeting at work about once a month since installing and pushing around tombstones is dangerous..

Glenn

hey i almost went that route. our family owns and agency here in nj. it just didn't stick. i am not a 9-5 type of person. i like to have aflexible schedual.

I've been with this company close to 10 years. It's a great place to work.