• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Miscellaneous Discussions

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm looking at it from a consumers perspective. I would prefer to go into a store and find helpful staff as opposed to someone that checks my receipt right after I step away from a register. Also, most stores have sensors that will sound alarms like crazy if you do not pay for something.

Which brings up another question. You pay for something, person at the counter doesn't do his thing so that it doesn't sound the alarm as you walk out the door. You walk towards the door, alarm sounds, do you stop and wait or do you continue on. Me, I just continue on. I payed, I have receipt, your system is screwed up, leave the the f alone.

Now, now Andy, you're getting a bit too cranky. The store is on private property and they can make the rules if they want to. I'm with you, I keep walking until someone comes get me.

Regarding ticket scanners, I find the whole scanning thing annoying, that's another reason why skiing at areas like Burke, Magic, MRG and Bolton are so enjoyable. The implication is that you are presupposed as guilty. I can't wait till the tickets have chips in them so you only get examined if there seems to be an "issue".

Hey tekkies, Hmm, what would happen if i have 20 tickets with expired chips on my jacket? Prolly nuttin?

Geoff

The world is full of dishonest people. Thus the ticket checkers in the lift line and the receipt checkers as you exit the big box stores. At a cost of ~ $10.00/hour, those people more than earn their keep in loss prevention.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Now, now Andy, you're getting a bit too cranky. The store is on private property and they can make the rules if they want to. I'm with you, I keep walking until someone comes get me.

Regarding ticket scanners, I find the whole scanning thing annoying, that's another reason why skiing at areas like Burke, Magic, MRG and Bolton are so enjoyable. The implication is that you are presupposed as guilty. I can't wait till the tickets have chips in them so you only get examined if there seems to be an "issue".

Hey tekkies, Hmm, what would happen if i have 20 tickets with expired chips on my jacket? Prolly nuttin?

I'm always cranky. You are correct, they can make the rules, however, 1. If you want to be technical I do not believe that give them the right to stop you without probable cause.2. It is my right to be cranky and complain about, I am the customer.

Regarding ticket scanners, I find the whole scanning thing annoying, that's another reason why skiing at areas like Burke, Magic, MRG and Bolton are so enjoyable. The implication is that you are presupposed as guilty.

Now, now Bill, you're getting a bit too cranky. The ski areas are either on on private or lease property they can make the rules if they want to. Plus how else will they know who paid. They don't have alarms at the lift like stores have at their exits.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
The world is full of dishonest people. Thus the ticket checkers in the lift line and the receipt checkers as you exit the big box stores. At a cost of ~ $10.00/hour, those people more than earn their keep in loss prevention.

What would you prefer, a receipt check hassling you at the door, or an employee that can help you find a product you need (there's less and less of those)

I'm looking at it from a consumers perspective. I would prefer to go into a store and find helpful staff as opposed to someone that checks my receipt right after I step away from a register. Also, most stores have sensors that will sound alarms like crazy if you do not pay for something.

Which brings up another question. You pay for something, person at the counter doesn't do his thing so that it doesn't sound the alarm as you walk out the door. You walk towards the door, alarm sounds, do you stop and wait or do you continue on. Me, I just continue on. I payed, I have receipt, your system is screwed up, leave the the f alone.

not this shit again..

drjeff

Why is it that New York area sports teams that end in "ets" DON'T know how to finish a season :mad:

Warp Daddy

Detroit sux first teh freakin mayor is in the slammer , then the Auto meltdown capped off by the LYANS -- 0-16 a new statement of ineptitude !!

Last one out turn off the lights

drjeff

So did the Giants :) But they've got more games coming up :) And their backup quarterback looked pretty damn good.

Short of Eli loosing an IMPORTANT body part, I think the end of the game yesterday is the LAST time the Giants back up QB will being seeing any gametime action this season

Hands down right now, I'd bet the the folks both at FOX and NFL headquarters are hoping for an Eli vs. Peyton Superbowl in a few weeks.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Short of Eli loosing an IMPORTANT body part, I think the end of the game yesterday is the LAST time the Giants back up QB will being seeing any gametime action this season

Hands down right now, I'd bet the the folks both at FOX and NFL headquarters are hoping for an Eli vs. Peyton Superbowl in a few weeks.

No question about it, Eli is the Giants qb, but it's good to see that they have a very capable backup. Manning vs Manning, well of course that's what ratings are made of.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
So, OPEC cuts production, Israel starts warring, price of crude goes up. Gasoline this morning $1.34 Actually saw it at $1.32 yesterday in the next town over.:lol:

In other news, got chased by a cop yesterday after leaving a store without showing my receipt. :)

Geoff

So did the Giants :) But they've got more games coming up :) And their backup quarterback looked pretty damn good.

Who? Opie?

opie03.jpg