• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MLB Postseason Predictions

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
ON the way back from NIagara we stopped on the mass pike for some good lold American McDonald's.

AS we walked out we were talking about finding a station to hear the game. After travelling >200 miles in NY, I said "Hey, we're not in NY anymore." I then shouted at the top of my lungs, "YANKEES SUCK!"

A moment later, the guy walking in front of us jumped into his car... with a NY plate.

Needless to say my wife nad I spent the next 3 minutes in the car laughing our heads off. Poor guy.

-Stephen

Alpinista

Website
www.suite101.com
Great bit of history, Pedxing -- thanks for the memories!

I have to say that even as a die-hard, life-long Yankees fan, it's hard not to like these particular Sox.

Thought you'd appreciate this takeoff on the Lord's Prayer that has begun circulating. The original version has a funny Jesus type of "painting" that features about bunch of different Sox players in pose. Anyway ... here it goes:

Our Papi, Who art in Fenway
Hallowed by thy team.
Thou kicketh ass,
On Yankee grass,
And at home, as you did in the Bronx.

Give us this year our shiny rings,
And forgive us our talk of curses,
As we forgive those who talk of curses against us.

And lead us not into extra innings,
But deliver us from choking.

For thou art the Schilling,
And the Pedro,
And the D-Lowe,
For ever and ever.

Damon.

:lol:

MtnMagic

Great! Thanks for sharing Alpinista.

First time was here that I read it.

MtnMagic

Back on topic!

It's the top of the 6th.
10:20 pm.
Sox 4, St. Louis 0.
Pedro out-pitching Suppan.
Let's see who wins.
Was there any doubt?!
Guess who wins.

Charlie Schuessler

It's about time Pedro pitched well enough to earn a win. :beer:

I trust DLOWE to pitch well also, however the Cardinals didn't have the best record in the MLB for nothing...I'm hoping for the SERIES WIN tonight but I'll take in any of the remaining games...

GO SOX!!!!

ChileMass

Even though they're up 3-0, even though Dreek Lowe is on the mound and he's been great lately, and even though they only need one of the next four games and could win it all on any of the next several nights, I am a bundle of nerves, my stomach is in knots, and I could throw up at almost any moment. I just want this over and won........if it's 15-0 in the second inning I can probably relax and enjoy it........

It's kinda hard to believe this thing could come to an end tonight - !!

Go Red Sox - !!!!!!!!

teachski

Website
teachski.com
World Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

N

NH_Mtn_Hiker

Re: World Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teachski said:
WAY TO GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

teachski, You beat me to it. :D

bigbog

.....What does one say.....

...the last 15minutes were pretty much akin to the Saturday afternoon in 69'...watching Armstrong set the LEM down on the moon....
The only thing to be added was in big letters across the screen....
Red Sox...MLB CHAMPS!

:beer:

thetrailboss

Staff member
]HOW 'BOUT THEM SOX???!!!! UNREAL!!! LET'S HOPE THIS MEANS that Hell has frozen over and that the skiing this year will be UNREAL!!!!! :p 8)

skijay

I can now and most likely everybody else here can get some sleep!

ChileMass

pedxing said:
Having watched every game of the 1967 World Series as a little kid, a perfect playoff series would be to have the Sox beat the Yankees and the Cardinals.

I'd predict it, but that would be going with my hopes - not logical calculations.

Gotta hand it to pedxing - he got the picks exactly right. I had the Sox winning, but I had them beating Houston in 7. Nice work, pedxing!!

I am SO HAPPY the Sox finally won it all. I went to high school and college in NY state, and most of my friends and half my family are Yankee fans. It's great to finally have the justification to tell them to stuff it.

In my own little pea-brained mind, my ultimate fantasy would be to be Tiger Woods. But if I can't be Tiger, all I want is to be Tom Brady. And if I can't be Tom Brady, all I want is to be Theo Epstein. Just trying to keep my expectations realistic............ :D

pedxing

LOL Chile - I guess sometimes wishful thinking doesn't get you in trouble.

I saw most of game 4 with my cousin, who had been a Yankee Fan up until this year. He was thrilled, but I had to give him a little grief - what right did he have to enjoy this so much - in his very first year as a Sox fan, when they'd been breaking my heart for almost 40 years.

Charlie Schuessler

Happy is not appropriate enough word to declare my feelings...sweeping the Angels, coming from behind and drubbing the Yankees then winning in 4 over the team with the best record in MLB...Red Sox fans are dancing on a cloud...

I was wrong about the manager Terry Francona. By coming from behind to beat Torre and jumping out to sweep Scioscia (Angels) and LaRussa (Cardinals), he proved to the world is a very good Manager. This year's BEST.

With talent research and judgement like that, I believe I need to look into John Henry's investment company....

I almost forgot, Yankee's Suck!

SilentCal

I've kinda been spoiled this year. The Sox winning, The Pats putting an amazing run together (imagine that they will not get the front page for a week or so) and my beloved Habs bouncing the Bruins in another great comeback. Who knows when Hockey will start again. Geez what am I going to watch for sports during the week?