• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Money and Banking - Finance

BodeMiller1

This is the good stuff:

There are many kinds of Money:

M1: Cash
M2: Negotiable instruments, Checking Accounts (Demand Deposits), Saving Accounts, Bonds, Stocks, etc.
M3: Other, Real Property (Land), Gold and silver.
M4: Real Estate (meaning structures, houses), Planes, Boats, etc
M5: Grey Market: Importing BMW's from Germany...
M6: Black Market, Things you can convert to cash through illegal means, Drugs, Weapons (think arms dealing - global). This is where it's at if you are able to launder the cash, the risks are high butt, the rewards are astronomical. Printing counterfeit bills, etc.

The trick to creating wealth is to collect basis points.

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

Somehow the more lengthy elaboration devoted to M6 bothers me:sneaky:
As it should.

I was listening to a guy on Bloomberg radio last night and he's saying have a diversified portfolio and ignore the statements for two years.

I hope he's not charging people for this advice. Catching a "falling knife or knifes" is not a real plan. The guy is basically saying buy up a lot of crap and hope for the best.

I always like Ford, now more than ever, the company has positioned itself to out perform going forward. Are there any other stocks worth buying. Yes there are: Proctor and Gamble - ticker PG. They have the consumer brands people want: Tide, Comet and Charmin. It's expensive to buy at $145 butt, they are the best in class.

General Electric, ticker GE, they've spun off the Finance arm, butt they are GE.

3M - Minnesota Manufacturing and Mining. The best global conglomerate. Call it $150.

I own none of these. The only thing I own is silver.

BodeMiller1

^^^^
Actually, there is a ski web - site (which you are on). ⛷️🥉🔦

So this is it. Yepper.

So the market basket of consumer goods which measures inflation has a component housing. Okay, we all know that the powers that be throw out food and energy because they fluctuate wildly and no one needs either to survive. Meow...

Here's the neat thing I just learned last night; In the olden days the Fed. went by how much your house is worth. The thinking is a home is an investment as much as a shelter. This was changed a bugs age ago to how much can you rent it out for.... AirBB, straight rent ( contract, Tennent at will).

So, now some are saying: The rental income has exceeded the gains from buying, holding selling. I'd guess this is straight up true in Killington, butt is it true in the ghettos of Baltimore? Whom does this change benefit⚒️?

I'm thinking (don't tell anyone) who cares...

SUM OPTIMUS

BodeMiller1

The bottom line is, if you can file a homestead claim at your primary residence. Please do so....

That was a convoluted argument.

NYDB

The bottom line is, if you can file a homestead claim at your primary residence. Please do so....

That was a convoluted argument.
You holding physical silver? Bullion?

no gold or platinum?

I have a small position in physical silver and gold.

no counter party risk that way.

its a total ‘if shit hits the fan’ hedge on my part.

otherwise it’s dead money.

BodeMiller1

The way I understand it is: gold is a tuff one, it's all future contracts in that there is not enough gold for everyone that owns it. So no I own no gold. I've bought Canadian coins before and lost my shirt (buy at retail sell at a mark down).

I have around 40 lbs. of silver in the form of silverware also I am "mining" an old silver quarry on the Concord / Bow line.

Silver and the others will always have value for obvious reasons...

One of my old co-workers tried to corner the silver market in the 1990's. He only told my his Rolex was fake when I was walking out the door at Waste Management.

I have a good stoner friend who makes a very good living buying Puts and Calls on stocks. I'm not that guy, butt if I can get a position in Ford with say 2,000 shares I might play the futures with the shares to cover my ass.

What I really want to do is own apartments. Commercial properties are getting slaughtered...

NYDB

The way I understand it is: gold is a tuff one, it's all future contracts in that there is not enough gold for everyone that owns it. So no I own no gold. I've bought Canadian coins before and lost my shirt (buy at retail sell at a mark down).

I have around 40 lbs. of silver in the form of silverware also I am "mining" an old silver quarry on the Concord / Bow line.

Silver and the others will always have value for obvious reasons...

One of my old co-workers tried to corner the silver market in the 1990's. He only told my his Rolex was fake when I was walking out the door at Waste Management.

I have a good stoner friend who makes a very good living buying Puts and Calls on stocks. I'm not that guy, butt if I can get a position in Ford with say 2,000 shares I might play the futures with the shares to cover my ass.

What I really want to do is own apartments. Commercial properties are getting slaughtered...
How does the mining work? Do you have a lease or do you own the property?

BodeMiller1

I am on property owned by the City of Concord. So, I'm trying to stake a claim. If it's worth mining then I have to get permits...

I spoke with a geologist from the state and he said they used to keep the silver locked with lead so it wouldn't be stolen.

So, yea I'm making it up as I go. There are a few old silver mines around here. Butt, no one has done it for a while. It is dangerous because of the metals and danger of falling into an old mine. Out west the shafts are capped. Around here they are filled from brush, etc. I always wanted a granite quarry I stumbled onto this instead.

BodeMiller1

Small problem in the quarry, there was a forest fire which took 4 days to put out. Thanks to Concord Fire for their help.

File under: sometimes it's not easy.

ThatGuy

The keys to success they never tell you in business school. Going up to the Klondike to stake my claim, heard theres good skiing up that way too.
Load Up Gold Rush GIF by Discovery

BodeMiller1

Here's another tip... Build Interstates and all of the infrastructure along the way. Including but not limited to Bank Vaults, Retaining Walls, Underpasses, and those kinds of things. (This is when the working class gets mad). My best line is: "We could buy and sell all of your family over and over".
Money is just a way to keep score in The United States. :cool:

Attachments

• sewalls-falls-1.jpg
    sewalls-falls-1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1

BodeMiller1

So now Europe is blaming all of there financial woes on The United States. Something like "We do not control our destiny inflation is from outside Europe".

The neat thing is the statement is partially true. With globalization all economies are tied. I there anyone else watching the way our nation is destroying economies in other places (I'll stop there because it's bordering on politics). We have a choice: 1) extremely high unemployment or 2) stagflation 3) negative interest rates.

If you think there is hope, there is butt it's 6 or 7 years out. The economy is like a large ship, once it's moving not much can stop it.

If you think there is light at the end of the tunnel, it's the Ford Motor Co. logo

Also, meow & lighten up buttercup.

BodeMiller1

Mining went well today. I used an old indian trick, put shampoo on the top to wash away the soot.

Below, is a reasonable facsimali. Exactly the same thing, butt a smaller operation.

Attachments

• ThetfordMine Qc.jpg
    ThetfordMine Qc.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 9

skiur

Mining went well today. I used an old indian trick, put shampoo on the top to wash away the soot.

Below, is a reasonable facsimali. Exactly the same thing, butt a smaller operation.
Where did the old Indians buy their shampoo?