• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mont Orford - 2/25/2007

skijay

Resort: Mont Orford
Date Skied 02/25/07 11am to 4pm
Conditions: Lots of sun, some breeze, about 25 degrees.
Trip Report: Great day out today. The conditions were good. To avoid the initial crows we purchased our tickets at the main lodge and then drove to the Giroux (Village Quad). There is a lot but they do not sell tickets here so mostly pass holders park here.

There was a lot of scratchy surfaces on steeper terrain. I liked the snow at Bellevue better. I learned something on my first ride on the gondola. My Salomon Foil Twin Tips did not fit in the slot, so as I was the last to enter and I could not separate them, they came inside the cabin to the summit with a few people griping in French. Oh well.

I hit an awesome bump run with “no boundaries”. You make your way down any way you want as it looked.

Great day and I hope we have time on Monday to ski there again.

I took a few pictures.

The view from the top of the Giroux quad (Lac Memphremagog):
orford022507a.jpg

The trails near the summit:
orford022507b.jpg

The lodge at the summit. They are Yurts:
orford022507d.jpg

The bump run I took:
orford022507e.jpg

A sign:
orford022507f.jpg

The T-bar line. It looks like it is going to be removed:
orford022507g.jpg

ChileMass

Tim - glad you had fun. The view of the big lake from the top of Orford is great on a sunny day. Snow cover still looks pretty good. Did you see any evidence of grooming when you were there?

skijay

I would imagined they groomed it at some point. They need to blow some snow because there are several parts of the mountain (Giroux and some of the main face) where there is the icy patches coming through.

They may have a break this week to do it. I think next week is when the QC schools are on break.

As much as I love Orford, I think the money spent on the Hybride lift should have been for a HSQ quad or sixpack - sans the gondola and invest in snowmaking.

ChileMass

I would imagined they groomed it at some point. They need to blow some snow because there are several parts of the mountain (Giroux and some of the main face) where there is the icy patches coming through.

They may have a break this week to do it. I think next week is when the QC schools are on break.

As much as I love Orford, I think the money spent on the Hybride lift should have been for a HSQ quad or sixpack - sans the gondola and invest in snowmaking.

The Giroux and Giroux Est quads are waaaaaaaaay slow and old. They need to update those for sure.