• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

More FIS WC action in the US for 22-23!

BodeMiller1

Cannon needs to sh!t or get off the pot. Meow

They could add the 250' (not sure exact # of feet) to hold a men;s downhill. Butt, what if they didn't use the old course?
What if they ran it down the saddle and out through Mittersill?
Does it meet the requirements for steepness?
Cannon is so cut up with cut and fill just cut a boulavard from the top.

Or the old course run it out to the snow making pond?

machski

Cannon needs to sh!t or get off the pot. Meow

They could add the 250' (not sure exact # of feet) to hold a men;s downhill. Butt, what if they didn't use the old course?
What if they ran it down the saddle and out through Mittersill?
Does it meet the requirements for steepness?
Cannon is so cut up with cut and fill just cut a boulavard from the top.

Or the old course run it out to the snow making pond?
250' additional added to Cannon would not be nearly enough vertical for a WC DH, possibly make a Super-G but they rarely hold those without a DH. And through the saddle to Mittersill, I do hope you are joking. That is a lot of uphill that would not be sanctioned with a lot of wildlife habit off the side and so non-starter for trail clearing.

BodeMiller1

Run it down taft cut right and across toward the front five???

End the race at the bottom of The chair from Sunappe at the very bottom.

No I'm serious. I also know NH won't spend the cash gambling ...

It's fun to dream, butt pipe dreams belong in Vermont.

drjeff

Baron's is a legit, ready to host any level of competition GS hill, and Taft can host any level SL, and the FSC has the capabilities to do so. Moving up to an SG or DH, based on topography at a truly elite level event would be a challenge involving getting permission to cut lots of trees and blast a bunch of underlying ledge, and even then it's a stretch.

Having the topography and vertical to host a modern speed event isn't an easy thing

machski

Time to resurrect this thread as Shiffrin has caught fire again. Swept the 3 race series in Semmering and is now just 2 wins shy of tying Lindsey for most wins ever by a female. Now has 50 wins in a single discipline (Slalom) after today. Even better for the US, after 2 strong showings in GS by Paula Moltzan, she put it all together in the Slalom today taking the step just below Mikaela (just 0.29S behind MS)!

drjeff

Time to resurrect this thread as Shiffrin has caught fire again. Swept the 3 race series in Semmering and is now just 2 wins shy of tying Lindsey for most wins ever by a female. Now has 50 wins in a single discipline (Slalom) after today. Even better for the US, after 2 strong showings in GS by Paula Moltzan, she put it all together in the Slalom today taking the step just below Mikaela (just 0.29S behind MS)!
Heck, even the guys are having some strong results lately as well

drjeff

What Shiffrin is doing now is truly like when Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods were in their prime!

Truly in a league of her own, over some serious competition, right now, and so much fun to watch from a technical standpoint. She is really making something that is tough to do (ski race at the highest level) look easy and simple

machski

Simply amazing and she can add a few more at the finals. If she adds even one more at the finals, that means a few less than this season could still have her net 100 next year. And she turns 28 tomorrow.