• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimG.

Staff member
Who is going to lock it, moderators are part of it!
I agree with you and Smelly it is a useless thread.

But I don't think it is political which is the main reason for locking threads. I don't think it's a moderator's job to lock threads because they are stupid or useless. Or because the topic annoys someone.

I scan these threads but no longer read them. Suggest you do the same.

ThatGuy

I agree with you and Smelly it is a useless thread.

But I don't think it is political which is the main reason for locking threads. I don't think it's a moderator's job to lock threads because they are stupid or useless. Or because the topic annoys someone.

I scan these threads but no longer read them. Suggest you do the same.
Also has the benefit of “quarantining” most of this crap to one thread

VTKilarney

The Rolling Stone is a “news outlet”? Whatever.

Rolling Stone claims that they are. True, they make up stories like college rape scandals. But they are not a satirical website, which is why your argument fails.

KustyTheKlown

Hunter S Thompson. You can’t be serious.

i'm not sure which point you are trying to argue regarding the good doctor here. yes, HST didn't write 'news' in the walter kronkite sense, but he covered very serious shit for RS and otherwise. he worked the politics beat for decades. he rode the press bus and was RS' correspondent on many campaigns (most famously 1972). HST was a satirist, but he was a deadly serious man who wrote about deadly serious things. i would have loved HST's perspective on both the trump years, and covid. in more recent years rolling stone has covered other serious topics, sometimes in a newsier way than hunter. the first to come to mind is matt taiibi before he went all fucking crazy.

KustyTheKlown

Smellytele

abc

My 2 friends who smoke on a regular basis both got covid . One in October, one has it now.
Hahaha!!!

"Prevent" the virus "from entering human cell"! Your friends must not be human! 🤣

But then, they don't live in Oregon, do they? It's only "human" living in Oregon hardened by weed can "prevent" Covid virus!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

deadheadskier

Staff member

drjeff

Im aware. Like I said I only glanced at it. Just assumed Dr J was sharing good news

Pretty much all it means is that *if* you get Covid in Cancun, you won't be locked up in your room having to have the staff bring you rounds of tropical drinks is how I interpret this. Nor will they keep you in Mexico.

Once back in the US, then you may need to self quarantine if positive for however many days the CDC feels like telling people they should at that moment in time 😉

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty much all it means is that *if* you get Covid in Cancun, you won't be locked up in your room having to have the staff bring you rounds of tropical drinks is how I interpret this. Nor will they keep you in Mexico.

Once back in the US, then you may need to self quarantine if positive for however many days the CDC feels like telling people they should at that moment in time 😉

I'm going to point out again that I didn't read the article. ABC apparently did and commented it says Mexico changed their rules which doesn't matter. US rules dictate when I come home. That's true

You felt my desperation Doc. Have given me hope like you were my personal smuggler to re- patriot.

I'm going to request you call the Mexican/US embassy on my behalf if this doesn't work out.

;)

drjeff

I'm going to point out again that I didn't read the article. ABC apparently did and commented it says Mexico changed their rules which doesn't matter. US rules dictate when I come home. That's true

You felt my desperation Doc. Have given me hope like you were my personal smuggler to re- patriot.

I'm going to request you call the Mexican/US embassy on my behalf if this doesn't work out.

;)

Game on! And if it helps, one of my staff member's daughter in law got "trapped" in Aruba last week due to a positive Covid test prior to trying to fly back to the US.

Apparently she spent 5 extra days out on the balcony of her hotel room, over looking the Carribean, with the hotel staff bringing her meals and drinks whenever she wanted. Now if one has to "quarantine" that sounds like a decent scenario to quarantine in. Sunshine, ocean views and breezes and plenty of tropical drinks delivered to the door of your hotel room. And apparently when she coordinated with the hotel maids, if she was on her balcony, and closed the sliding door to her balcony, the maids would come in and do their usual towel/linen/bar re-stocking service as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.