• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most Over/Under Rated Ski Resorts

dlague

I'd say
Underrated: Ragged Mountain, Mount Abram
Ragged is just a great place with friendly locals, a six pack, great ski school and kick ass glades. Plus, NO LINES!
And the waffle cabin!
Mount Abram is an awesome place with good steeps, no lines, nice people and a relaxed setting. It's a nice get a way from waiting in lines down the road.

Overatted: Mount snow, Attitash and Bretton Woods.
Mount Snow just simply sucks.
Attitash has a terrible lay out with walking everywhere and no high speed to the summit.
Bretton isn't even that big. The stuff all there trails together and there all short and flat. The couple good things are the high speeds and glades.
But only one, crowded lodge!

I agree for the most part! However, Ragged will remain under-rated due to the Spear Triple. Some of the best trails are there and the chair is really slow! The 6 pack is awesome!

I agree with you on Attitash - tried it for the first time this past season and the fastest chair takes you a little over half way up and the trails between bear peak and Attitash are tough and flat.

Mount Snow is limited in expert terrain but not a bad cruising hill - their Park Rocks though! Several trails with both man-made and natural obstacles.

Bretton is great for beginners, ok for intermediate and not very good for advanced - expert! Then again, I think they are shooting for the family crowd. And YES their lodge is ridiculously crowded! Their woods are OK but nothing to write home about!

My pick for over-rated - Sunapee - it is over crowded, act like they are bigger then they are, one wrong turn and you are in the sun bowl taking a slow chair back up, do not like the flats run out section at the bottom and the season pass rates are ridiculous.

My pick for under-rated - Saddleback, Wildcat or Burke. Saddle back is way out there, but has a really cool trails system that separates advanced skiers from beginner/intermediate. Only knock, they have a really long, long and slow double that takes you to the summit and it is painful. Wildcat another way out there resort that has a pretty good trail system and the express to the summit with great views! Burke though a bit smaller has great glades, nice runs from the top half and never crowded! Like you own the Mountain!