• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Bohemia ?

skiNEwhere

I like how the extreme back country leads directly to the road that probably has a shuttle pickup.

Never been, but I've heard of the place. They can get quite a bit of lake effect snow, and I've heard some of terrain can be rocky. Only downsize is the lack of vert and location. It's way north in the upper peninsula far away from any major city.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes as said it is pretty extreme. It was featured in many skiing magazines a few years ago. I also think it was in a Meatheads film. As said it is been called the MRG of the Midwest only much more extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
LMAO
[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Youtube+Mount+bohemia+experence&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=BB36DA4EA30ADFBB392ABB36DA4EA30ADFBB392A[/video]

0:30

One more for the bucket list

Last edited:

jack97

i think so as well. i just got a kick out of that b/c they marked it as a triple black.

Tin

After watching some youtube videos of those triple diamonds and such I cannot see where the hell a lot of those ledges and such are. There is one to the skier's right of the triple but the rest look to be way off somewhere. They are definitely not on the marked trails.

x10003q

This place is on my wish list, but it is in the "hard to justify time and money" section. It is easier and cheaper for east coasters to get to Colo, Utah, and other giant ski meccas. This place is a 3 hour drive from Marquette, and 6-7 hour drive from Milwaukee and Minneapolis. You can fly into Houghton County Airport (45 minute drive to Bohemia) via Chicago, but the weather in the winter can be challenging 8).

http://www.houghtoncounty.org/

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Yeah, that's BS, I agree.

Well, when you get most of your people who are used to skiing this, you have to adjust accordingly.

attachment.php

Attachments

• aftonmap.jpg
    aftonmap.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 147