• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 12/17/2006

skijay

Resort:Mount Snow

Date Skied: 12/17/2006 11:30 to 3:15pm

Conditions: cloudy, breezy, 49 degrees at base

Trip Report:
This is my second day of the season for some spring skiing. I parked at Sundance, booted up and took the Tumbleweed triple to ski over to the Summit Express. While riding the lift I was shocked by the lack of snow. There were no lift lines at the Summit lift. The first run down was the Exhibition (the one uder the SE Quad).

After alternating between Lodge and Exhibition, I headed over to the Canyon Express to head over to North Face. I stopped for my traditional view of Ripcord. There were dots of snow on it. It looked like it was natural snowfall and that was the remnants of it.

The Chute Trail was what was open. I never get the trail names right over there, I kept thinking it was Fallen Timbers that was open. This run got better as the wind picked up. It was like it dried up the wetness in the snow and firmed it up.

The wind got strong as the day progressed but the temperature really did not seem cold. North Face was the side to be on, only two times there was a large group at the base of the lift.

As much as I enjoy spring skiing in December, I want winter.

I did not bring my camera this time. The picture below was from Mount Snow on 12/19/2005, the day I had fresh snow to ski on!

ms121905e.jpg

BeanoNYC

Thanks for the trip report. I took this picture of ripcord on 12/9; I'm assuming there is less snow on it now, huh?

47b6cc29b3127cce98548d8a614e00000017108EZt2bFq5c6

skijay

That did not exist on Sunday. Just a few scattered patches of snow.