• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 3/6/2013

Euler

Went over for the afternoon with my school's group. Conditions were fantastic. Frontside lifts to summit were closed, but I didn't care 'cause I spent my time on the north face. Bumps and groomers were both great, and the woods formerly know as "the Trials" were well covered and an absolute blast! It's full on winter there right now, I was amazed at the amount of snow and how it changed between Brattleboro and Dover. Last Weds we got an inch or two here in the CT River Valley, while over at Mt. Snow they picked up at least a foot.

Glenn

Good deal Euler. My wife and I hit The Trails last weekend...top to bottom...1 mile runs in the woods. Went right to the boundry...maybe a little beyond. ; ) Sunday was a great day. No crowds, a little fresh snow...it delivered.

Newpylong

yup. One of the best in my opinion... can really go north until you've found an area with no tracks.

Euler

Good deal Euler. My wife and I hit The Trails last weekend...top to bottom...1 mile runs in the woods. Went right to the boundry...maybe a little beyond. ; ) Sunday was a great day. No crowds, a little fresh snow...it delivered.

Should be great again this weekend if you make it up...I pass right by your road as I drive the school bus over! We only picked up about an inch in Putney last night, but again at higher elevations they got the goods.

Keep those orange boundary markers in sight when you go out of bounds over there, I don't want to read about you getting picked up from down on the shore of Sommerset Res ;)

Glenn

Should be great again this weekend if you make it up...I pass right by your road as I drive the school bus over! We only picked up about an inch in Putney last night, but again at higher elevations they got the goods.

Keep those orange boundary markers in sight when you go out of bounds over there, I don't want to read about you getting picked up from down on the shore of Sommerset Res ;)

LOL! I told my wife: "We better get back in bounds...if we go too far left...we're gonna end up a the Sommerset Picnic area...and have to hitch a ride back the North Face from a group of people out on a High Country Snowmobile Tour."

Amazing what the snow difference is just a bit east of the area...and a little lower in elevation. I have a webcam up there...and it's hard to tell how much fell. But I can see the plow guy came for the neighbors across the way...so I'm thinking at least 4".....Might be an intesting ride up 91 as we head north....