• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow starts the "who's going to make snow this weekend?" list!

Jully

I wonder if other Peak resorts are doing this too, or if they are trying to market Mt. Snow as their flagship.

Rambo

I wonder if other Peak resorts are doing this too, or if they are trying to market Mt. Snow as their flagship.

Will they operate Hunter after Easter Sunday or try to herd any and all Hunter customers to Mt. Snow.

WWF-VT

Meh....probably just blow a few piles of snow to push around and fill in bare spots. Don't tell the accounting department that their planning to lose more money on the losing end of the season.

Newpylong

They won't do a "few piles." Knowing them they will light up most of the fan gun trails, which do not have bare spots but could use depth given they will try to go late season on them.

drjeff

In her commentary about this on the Mount Snow Passholders website, the GM said they they are committed to making it to the April 2/3 weekend (even if they have to close down for a few days mid week between Easter and that 1st weekend in April) so that they can pull off the Winter Brewer's fest with skiing/riding that same day! :beer: :fangun: :)

drjeff

They won't do a "few piles." Knowing them they will light up most of the fan gun trails, which do not have bare spots but could use depth given they will try to go late season on them.

Totally agree and wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the lights of over 100 fan guns lit up on the mountain Friday night!

yeggous

Totally agree and wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the lights of over 100 fan guns lit up on the mountain Friday night!

This stands in stark contrast to Weak Resorts position on their New Hampshire properties. Word on the street is this year's ops budget was slashed to channel money to Hunter / Mt Snow to develop that market.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd love to see Wildcat do the same, but it's unlikely. They've got a European ski group coming first week of April. They are committed to operating daily until 10th if they can make it. Going to have to stay cooler than forecasted for that to happen me thinks.

Last edited:

yeggous

I'd love to see Wildcat do the same, but it's unlikely. They've got some a European ski group coming first week of April. They are committed to operating daily until 10th if they can make it. Going to have to stay cooler than forecasted for that to happen me thinks.

Yes they will stay open as long as the snow holds out. Gunning for at least Easter.

The challenge with the British invasion is that they require beginner terrain. Most of their beginner terrain is very thin at this point.

Back in 2012 they did blow in April to get the British kids. I think Loon did the same. You can be sure someone will be counting the beans for that decision this year.

drjeff

I'd love to see Wildcat do the same, but it's unlikely. They've got a European ski group coming first week of April. They are committed to operating daily until 10th if they can make it. Going to have to stay cooler than forecasted for that to happen me thinks.

Their GM is over in Austria right now. Hasn't said on his FB page if it's a work or pleasure trip. About 6 years ago when Mount Snow's GM took a ski season trip to Austria it was to meet with the folks at both Leitner and Dopelmayr before the contract to build the Bluebird was signed.

While the boss is away, maybe his snowmakers will play? :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Their GM is over in Austria right now. Hasn't said on his FB page if it's a work or pleasure trip. About 6 years ago when Mount Snow's GM took a ski season trip to Austria it was to meet with the folks at both Leitner and Dopelmayr before the contract to build the Bluebird was signed.

I know a certain triple chair in Bartlett, NH that could use replacing!

yeggous

I know a certain triple chair in Bartlett, NH that could use replacing!

True story.

I don't know why they'd send Brian. I don't think any of the chairs in Pinkham Notch need or could justify replacing. Definitely could you some seat padding though.

pequeñopescado

He better bring us back some schnaaps!! Snowmakers to play.