• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MRG Friday 3-13-2013

powhunter

Decided to skip the Sundown bumps yesterday and head up to MRG. Reports said they got 6-10 thursday and into the overnight. This was my first time and I was pretty happy! Sunny and mid 30s all day! I would say they got 6-8 at the top. Most of the trails I skied were bumped up with some daggers, ice, and dirt spots poking through the troughs. There was some decent POW on the sides of the trails. Lynx was the ROTD for me...POW bumps with just a little trough hopping. Also did Lower Antelope, Gazelle,Waterfall, Catamount, Chute, and a few others.. The character, vibe, and layout of the Mtn is awesome. I can see why MRG has a great following.. Reminds me of Magic in some ways...With all the drops and steeps, It must be off the hook on a deep POW day. Took a few pics

Steveo

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Another 4-6" overnight, lightest powder I've skied all year. Not what the mountain needs but every little bit helps! I stuck to the lower pitch blues and greens off the double in the morning. Ski on half dozen runs untracked pow top to bottom, sweet. Hit up the Single after that for top to bottom under the lift. For some reason, folks avoid Liftline (maybe the audience factor) and powder sticks around there longer than other places. Maybe it just seems to obvious. In any case, the steeper terrain was actually skiing better after the snow got tracked up because you could see the obstacles, bare spots, and rocks and also the troughs got filled in a bit as well. Wish I had more stamina but I was groggy and tired so I called it an early day before I hurt myself.

polski

Website
twitter.com
Maybe a nice synoptic dump early this coming week with fluffy upslope icing on the cake to follow ...