• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB - Shelton Lakes 09/14/2010

WoodCore

Headed down the Naugatuck River Valley on CT route 8 after work today to get a RAW in on the Shelton Lakes trail network this evening. Met up with Cara and Dave H. at the trail head around 5:30 and got rolling shortly there after. Seeing as Dave knows just about every MTB trail in this area we let him be our guide and followed for some great extended sections of pedaling.

Most of the terrain here is pretty mellow with just enough rocks, roots and obstacles thrown in to keep it interesting. There are however some pretty technical sections that had me off the bike trying to figure out the best line of attack. After a few aborted attempts I did manage to roll most of them but there's definitely a few sections of trail out there that got the best of me tonight and will need to be revisited.

Despite flatting twice, I really had an awesome ride! Great to rip some new to me trails for the first time with good company and a great tour guide!!! Anyway ended up with around 9+ miles and a 1000+ feet of climbing.

Here's the track......

http://www.crankfire.com/gps/track/9414/twilight_ride__2010-09-14

Can't wait to get back for more! :beer:

WoodCore

Either way looks like you had a nice rip this evening at Stone with ATV!