• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nashoba selling chairlift swings:

Glenn

I'm tempted. I found someone a few months back selling some Mt. Snow ones...but they were gone at by the time I e-mailed the person.

Mildcat

Paypal only? Why can't you pay cash when you pick it up? Is this legit?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Magic still has many left. They take it to the next level by building an A-frame around it, re-welding the top so th center of gravity is in the right spot for a swing, repainting. They are willing to deliver. Cost is 2X of the barebones Nashoba. I've one. Seems a worthy way to keep their operation going.

Glenn

Magic still has many left. They take it to the next level by building an A-frame around it, re-welding the top so th center of gravity is in the right spot for a swing, repainting. They are willing to deliver. Cost is 2X of the barebones Nashoba. I've one. Seems a worthy way to keep their operation going.

Lovely...now you made me search!

http://www.magicmtn.com/static_page.php?id=37

I wonder if they'd sell just a ratty old chair? Half the fun for me would be fabbing up that a-frame. Looks pretty simple too... a few 4x4's...2x4's...and some pipestock. Magic is only up the road a few exits. I could just haul the trailer up there....hmmmm. :p

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Lovely...now you made me search!

http://www.magicmtn.com/static_page.php?id=37

I wonder if they'd sell just a ratty old chair? Half the fun for me would be fabbing up that a-frame. Looks pretty simple too... a few 4x4's...2x4's...and some pipestock. Magic is only up the road a few exits. I could just haul the trailer up there....hmmmm. :p

They'd probably bit, given their current financial situation. Give Matt Lillard a call. I will warn you, since I have one, that they are much heavier than they appear. It's a 2 person operation unless you are Hulk Hogan.

Keep in mind that if you plan to hang it, they will not hang straight down, due to the center of gravity being placed behind the swing. Sounds like a good summer project, keeps your mind off of the lack of snow. :)

Rambo

Allmost all those old chairs & chairlifts were made by the Hall Chairlift company in Watertown, NY.

Red%20Chair%20Swing.1.JPG

Warp Daddy

Allmost all those old chairs & chairlifts were made by the Hall Chairlift company in Watertown, NY.

YEP and STILL in USE at DRY HILL ski area in Watertown :D:D:D-

- sometimes i'll ski there when my wifew travels to shop the malls in Watertown i ski she shops it works for me but about 2hrs of Dry Hill is all i can take and thats about 30 runs :D:D:D:D but i get it free so NBD

Rambo

YEP and STILL in USE at DRY HILL ski area in Watertown :D:D:D-

- sometimes i'll ski there when my wifew travels to shop the malls in Watertown i ski she shops it works for me but about 2hrs of Dry Hill is all i can take and thats about 30 runs :D:D:D:D but i get it free so NBD

There still are, and will be for a long time to come many Hall chairlifts still in operation. Greek Peak in central NY has 5 double Hall lifts and 1 Hall triple.

Warp Daddy

There still are, and will be for a long time to come many Hall chairlifts still in operation. Greek Peak in central NY has 5 double Hall lifts and 1 Hall triple.

True ! I've seen them @ Titus Mtn , I think West Mtn and Snow ridge, Macualey Mtn to name a few

Glenn

They'd probably bit, given their current financial situation. Give Matt Lillard a call. I will warn you, since I have one, that they are much heavier than they appear. It's a 2 person operation unless you are Hulk Hogan.

Keep in mind that if you plan to hang it, they will not hang straight down, due to the center of gravity being placed behind the swing. Sounds like a good summer project, keeps your mind off of the lack of snow. :)

I agree. That would be an awesome summer project.

Rambo

Whoops! Good catch bvibert! Looks like this chair was made by Borvig and not Hall.

Borvig was a chairlift manufacturer based in Pine Island, New York. It was founded by Gary Schulz and manufactured chairlifts from 1962-1991.
Following an unsuccessful purchase of Berthoud Pass ski area in Colorado in 1991, Borvig ceased operations in 1993

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
$250..seems pricey..is that what chairlift swings usually go for?
I saw them cheaper out west about 3 years ago. Magic was charging 500, but that included everything. I got a safetybar on mine (and never let anyone ride without a HELMET :blink:. Even the dog is required to ride with the bar down ;) ) I guess they figure the high-salaries in PA should have no problem with the price:blink:

I saw them cheaper out west about 3 years ago. Magic was charging 500, but that included everything. I got a safetybar on mine (and never let anyone ride without a HELMET :blink:. Even the dog is required to ride with the bar down ;) ) I guess they figure the high-salaries in PA should have no problem with the price:blink:

high salaries in PA..lol..anyway I wouldn't pay that much for a chairlift swing..my couch was about $350 and it's way more comfortable..for a Gondola I'd pay $100 and $110 for a Tram car..