• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New to AZ forums and confused about mountain loyalty

2knees

grammar police....

try and guess what i'm thinking right now.....

NWA.jpg

SteveInCT

welcome steve, i'm next door in Monroe. hopefully will get to make some turns with you this winter. mid-week trips up to Ski Sundown are pretty easy from our area.

Definitely! Mid-week / Night skiing at Sundown is great!

He must be an Upstater at heart ey Warp???

I actually grew up as a mid-stater in Manchester. We used to ski Sundown almost every weekend back then.

Steve - whats skis ya got?

I have a set of Elan Magfire 78 purchased last year. It was my first time on sticks in a long time so I wanted something easy to ski without being a beginner ski. When I was at Stowe last year, we had almost 40 inches during my 4 day stay. They held up will in the 12 or so inches of powder on the trails every morning but they could use a little more waist in the deeps.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Think you can see that with the improvement in outdoor gear/clothing...we now have a lot more people that don't appreciate the outdoors environment as much as they should. People roaming around wanting all the conveniences they think they need to be happy in life...:rolleyes: In essence..to some people... the world needs to be sanitized towards urban life for the family as much as possible and unfortunately some of those have deep pockets for changing the surroundings. Just a $.01 opinion.

I have moved beyond the "things" stage of my life. I want to rid myself of as many things as possible and spend my time experiencing.