• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Mets

dmc

wow... This season is coming down to the wire...

LETS GO METS!

roark

Still 54 games left so not so sure about down to the wire.

If Pedro can come back healthy the Mets should be in pretty good shape.

dmc

Still 54 games left so not so sure about down to the wire.

If Pedro can come back healthy the Mets should be in pretty good shape.

True... But i worry about Atlanta... And Pedro...

dmc

I want the Mets and the Red Sox in the World Series .. there is a little payback that needs to be dished out.. if you know what I mean ..

I'd be psyched!!!

I identify more with SOX fans then Yankee fans...

Wonder if Buckner will throw out the first pitch..?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Wonder if Buckner will throw out the first pitch..?

DOH!!

I'm a Met fan...and was (and still am) always a Buckner fan, since his great, long career with the cubs. It's kind of sad that such a great player is always going to be known for "the one that got through his legs".

I'm still kind of happy that the Mets have been able to keep their 3-4 game lead in the Division, despite their slide from the early season.

Dr Skimeister

True... But i worry about Atlanta... And Pedro...

I agree with the concern about Atlanta...specifically Bobby Cox and his ability to work miracles with B-list players. The Mets can't depend on Pedro or bank on his impact on the team's success. If he is able to come back at even 85% of his last few years' ability, he'll do well as our 5th starter.

We just have to get everyone healthy heading towards September.

Rushski

300 for Glavine!!!

Grew up in his hometown and have been proud of the local guy. Can almost stand watching the Mets now w/him on the team.

Only the 23rd pitcher ever to get to 300 Wins, only the 5th lefty...

dmc

300 for Glavine!!!

Grew up in his hometown and have been proud of the local guy. Can almost stand watching the Mets now w/him on the team.

Only the 23rd pitcher ever to get to 300 Wins, only the 5th lefty...

He's got a HOT wife!

tjf67

He's got a HOT wife!

Yes he does and he is a class act.
First met game I watched this year and probably the last. They just are not as much fun as watching th yankees.

Hats off to Glavine

dmc

They just are not as much fun as watching th yankees.

I don't let Yankee fans start with me - just sick of it.....

I could care less about the Yankees... But you enjoy!

dmc

nice sweep of the Nats... Castillo looking good..!!!

Dr Skimeister

OK....
Adequate homestand. Would have been nice to have saved at least one of the games lost to the Pads. Hate to see anyone get clonked in the coconut, but Jeff Kent needs to learn to move.

Big roadtrip starts tonight in Philly. Four games there, three in Hot 'lanta. Here's the chance to get rid of both the pesky Phils and Braves before feasting on Cincy.

Pedro may be back in 7-10 days.

JimG.

Staff member
Uh-oh...the stirrer is here. And I'm a hated Yankee fan too.

Really, I'm a mellow Yankee fan... ask dmc, I won't be obnoxious.

The Mets have never really gotten rolling all season long. What's their longest winning streak, 4 games?

Their starting pitching is adequate...El Duque has bailed them out since Maine got a little shaky. Their middle relief is atrocious. I don't blame Wagner for blowing it yesterday...asking him to pitch to 6 batters was a bad decision. Glavine is a Hall of Famer and still an excellent pitcher. Perez is fine.

On offense, Beltran and Delgado have been big disappointments this season...Beltran has been inconsistent and acts like a baby sometimes, and Delgado has been poor all season. Wright is solid. Reyes is a great young talent, but he is buying into this rap about being as good as or better than Jeter...he just isn't. Certainly not as clutch in situational hitting ability. He doesn't come through in the clutch too often. Maybe one day he will be better than Jeter, but people ought to stop comparing him.

I think a big part of the problem is Omar and Willie...do they get along well? Sometimes I think Willie makes decisions based on what Omar wants. I think some of the players Omar has signed feel they report to him, not Willie. Can't have that.

In any case, you guys have some intense baseball coming up this weekend...Mets have to win this road series in Atlanta to stop the bleeding. This is the big event...they win and all is forgiven, they lose and it may go downhill.

I love September baseball!

JimG.

Staff member
OK....
Adequate homestand. Would have been nice to have saved at least one of the games lost to the Pads. Hate to see anyone get clonked in the coconut, but Jeff Kent needs to learn to move.

Big roadtrip starts tonight in Philly. Four games there, three in Hot 'lanta. Here's the chance to get rid of both the pesky Phils and Braves before feasting on Cincy.

Pedro may be back in 7-10 days.

Pesky Phils alot more pesky today, eh?