• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Mets

Geoff

Haha, I do the exact same thing . . . My wife is not happy at all . . . The Mets are such a Manic Depressive team, it's horrible . . .

On the bright side for you, though, unless they take the next two games, I don't see any chance that they make the playoffs . . .

The end of season swoon was always a Red Sox specialty. 2004 and 2007 broke the bad karma. At least the Mets have a World Series win in recent history. As a Red Sox fan, it's hard to forget Bill Buckner.

I imagine the Cubs will be playing it like two spring training games over the weekend to get ready for the Dodgers. The starters go 3 or 4 innings and the bench players and minor leaguers finish out the game. I'm sure they would rather play the .500 Dodgers than the Mets so I doubt they'll try very hard. It's not looking good for the Mets after the loss last night.

Warp Daddy

AH Boreball ends soon !!

In our house its my wife who is the fan NOT me . Its a fun game to play and friggin terminally boring to watch -- just sayin .

But alas i'm doomed---------- the whole rest of our entire family are either RED SOX Nation or Yankee Legacy types -------------

Dr Skimeister

Santana had an outing for the ages today, especially when you consider he pitched on 3 days rest. With the Feelies winning and clinching the east today (congrats......ugh), we're tied with the BrewCrew for thew wild cards. Mets have to take care of business tomorrow and hope that the Cubbies beat Milwaukee. Avoiding a playoff with the Brewers Monday will allow the Mets to think about starting Santana on Wednesday against Chicago to start the playoffs.

Let's Go Mets

Dr Skimeister

So I have to ask...do Mets fans still blame Willie Randolph?

I don't. Willie may well still make his mark as a decent major league manager. This team at this time just wasn't the best fit for him.

I'm not sure who, if anyone to blame. Obviously the bullpen would be an easy target, but even there is it the players or the pitching coach/bullpen coach who is accountable? Or is it the front office for selecting these guys to get that job done?

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
I do.

If they hadn't got off to such a crappy start this year, they would have made the playoffs easily.

Willie Randolph is such an emotionless manager . . . That might work for some players, but Delgado, for one, seemed to do much better once he left.

WJenness

Would having Billy have made a diference. I bet the networks aren't thrilled missing the big markets for the playoffs and the series.

Still some sizable markets in the mix.

LA x2
Chicago (x2 if the ChiSox win today and win a one game playoff with the twins) / Twin Cities (not a tiny market)
Boston
Philadelphia

and some not so big markets:
Milwaukee
Tampa

No NY market (which is quite a few eyeballs), but it's not like they got all small markets in the mix... It shouldn't be horrible for them.

-w

ComeBackMudPuddles

This pictures says it all....

lli.jpg

WJenness

The Red Hot Chili Peppers must have been thinking of the Mets when they wrote:

"Give it away, give it away, give it away now..."

-w

FRITOLAYGUY

Still some sizable markets in the mix.

LA x2
Chicago (x2 if the ChiSox win today and win a one game playoff with the twins) / Twin Cities (not a tiny market)
Boston
Philadelphia

and some not so big markets:
Milwaukee
Tampa

No NY market (which is quite a few eyeballs), but it's not like they got all small markets in the mix... It shouldn't be horrible for them.

-w

OH dont worry about the markets too much, NY never really did that well to begin with being so diverse and big with so many teams, MLB is very happy with the cubs and sox and if they met that would be the highest watched world series ever by a long shot. When the sox and cubs are in playoff games they get over a 50percent share in their towns NY is usually only 15-20, theres no alternative in those cities like NY.

ComeBackMudPuddles

The Mets keep making headlines....

I HATE IT when athletes like David Wright talk about which party they support....Be it for a democrat, a republican or something else, I just don't want to know. I like my sports as pure as possible, just like the AZ forums....

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
The Mets keep making headlines....

I HATE IT when athletes like David Wright talk about which party they support....Be it for a democrat, a republican or something else, I just don't want to know. I like my sports as pure as possible, just like the AZ forums....

Looks to me like he was overheard in a bar talking to someone . . . And they reported it as news.

If you "don't want to know" then maybe you need to work on your filter.