• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NFL Pigskin Prognostication

jack97

You kind of wonder what Schottenhiemer was thinking only giving LT 8 touches of the ball in the 2nd half :confused: Especially when the Chargers went 3 and out with roughly minutes to 4 after LT had gained 6 yards on 1st down and then you come back with 2 pass plays :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe Marty was looking across the field and seeing Brady + Belicheck and looking at the score and realizing that his attempts to win(Marty's) would be futile! Kind of the same look I expect Manning/Dungy to be having about 9PM on Sunday!

SD has been making a living from the play action all year. The two drives that resulted in TDs came from medium pass with large YACs, only one of them to LT. I don’t think I was far off that they wanted to get favorable matchups; especially in the middle with an old linebacker and inexperience safeties. Getting mismatches was the key in SD’s game plan. In addition, SD’s OC (Cameron) might have seen formations that would put LT in tight or double coverage. Colvin made a nice play, intercepting that pass to LT, if they kept on going to him then Marty would have gotten roasted for not using his stud TE or fullback (who btw are also pro bowlers). Damn if you do, damn if you don’t

Last edited:

FRITOLAYGUY

So Marty gets 1 more year, i love how they did the deal, U can either take 1 year and thats it or u can have 1 year with an optional year, basically thats spanglish for your fired either way if u dont win the superbowl next year lol.