• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Non-Epic season pass suggestions for next season

thebigo

I get the 8 year old off the bus everyday and head to the crotch several days a week. Not wiling to give that up and would ski 365 days/year if I could, also not willing to give up late season. The 8 year old would also ski 365 days if she could; wife could take it or leave it. Puzzle is how to make it all work for everyone.

Bumpsis

Cannon is doing great this year. I have been a pass holder there in the past and still rarely get bored there. Totally different place since the 90’s. Do get bored at attitrash and Flat ‘n woods.
Shhh, keep it quiet :)
Let Cannon keep its foreboding, mount of ice and doom reputation...
On the serious side, I'm always torn between keeping Cannon a "secret" and heralding it as one of the best mountains in NH.

machski

It really is unfortunate that vail has had such a disastrous season, the mix of mountains is perfect for the boston north and nh crowd.

The WMSP does not work because there is no night skiing option in the southern half of the state. Also, all four mountains close down in early to mid april. Skiing April vacation week is one of the highlights of the season. Given the cost of the WMSP it is difficult to justify a second or third pass.

I would love to get a seasonal rental at SR but it is difficult with an 80 lb lab/pit mix. She is the most docile dog and unfortunately may not even be around this time next year but we would need to start looking for a rental in the spring when boyne does their early season deal. Also the drive to SR may be a bit too much for my wife on Friday nights. SL usually stays open NH April vacation week, which would be a hell of a time. Midweek powder days at loon would be good. Did boyne throw in an Ikon base with the unlimited pass? Five days in may at K would be nice, also the option to take the kids out west for april vacation.

I am finding myself considering multiple passes. Something along the lines of ragged for the weekends, a midweek gunstock pass and K spring pass. I am guessing that would be around $2K total but no idea what gunstock charges for a midweek or night pass. We could do weekend kid programs at ragged, gunny a few afternoons a week, K for april and may. Assuming Cannon brings back the NH resident midweek deals, it is close enough to be a wednesday weekly routine. Doesnt hurt that my dad gets a cannon and gunstock pass every year and at 75 he is running out of ski seasons.
Yes, the Platinum NEP's get an Ikon Base pass tossed in. Golds and up also get 50% off at ALL Mountain Collective destinations.

2planks2coasts

If WMSP is too pricey consider some of the much cheaper midweek combos. Cannon + BW or Cannon + Cranmore. Scratch the night skiing itch with a night pass to Shawnee Peak (too far?) Or a NH resident at Cannon + an indy pass

snoseek

Leaning Cannon plus indy add on for under 500 total. If you're a vet Cannon is a no brainer. Seeing how they are running their operations this year they have absolutely earned my business.

As far as Epic goes just don't know...I really want to just not give them any of my money but the mix of areas from Southern NH is so strong. I Don't care if they open the Cat till mid December honestly but the early spring is a total bummer

thebigo

Reading the thread again, wmsp with gunstock addon would work for most and be the perfect nh epic killer. Some emails may be in order. Who administers the wmsp? Any gunstock people know any higher ups?