• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

North Shore MA Ski Shops?

timm

Just moved to the North Shore and am looking for a new ski shop. Previously I used Ski Stop in Canton/Westwood and I was very happy with their service (awesome boot fitters), but it is way too far from my new location. Live along 1/1A closer to the NH seacoast than to Boston so looking for somewhere good in that area of MA or Southern NH if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I had a good experience last year with Sun and Ski in Woburn. They set me up on some demo Line Sir Francis Bacon's that I tested during the blizzard last year. Dick Stillson is the manager, I think. He used to run Snow Wizards which I think was up near Magic Mountain.

yeggous

I know a lot of people who shop at Putnams' in Portsmouth. In the past I've gone to Buchika's in Salem.

If you're willing to make the drive to Nashua, Proctor's is by far the best around on prices. The owner, Jeff, is always willing to negotiate and cut a deal.

Puck it

Just moved to the North Shore and am looking for a new ski shop. Previously I used Ski Stop in Canton/Westwood and I was very happy with their service (awesome boot fitters), but it is way too far from my new location. Live along 1/1A closer to the NH seacoast than to Boston so looking for somewhere good in that area of MA or Southern NH if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks.

Ski Haus in Burlington or Salem. Ask for Steve and tell him I sent you. Call ahead and find out which store is at though.

hammer

Ski Haus in Burlington or Salem. Ask for Steve and tell him I sent you. Call ahead and find out which store is at though.
You recommended the Burlington store for boots before...who is their bootfitter? I work right down the street and I could (unfortunately) use some work to help snug up my boots.

Puck it

You recommended the Burlington store for boots before...who is their bootfitter? I work right down the street and I could (unfortunately) use some work to help snug up my boots.

Steve is the owner and does the fittings. Call ahead and make sure he is there first. Tell him Jamie sent you.

yeggous

Most the staff at Ski Haus in Burlington does not know their ass from their elbows. They hire a bunch of kids, presumably for cheap wages.

I have, however, run into one guy there who knows his stuff. He did a great job on a boot fit.

Puck it

Most the staff at Ski Haus in Burlington does not know their ass from their elbows. They hire a bunch of kids, presumably for cheap wages.

I have, however, run into one guy there who knows his stuff. He did a great job on a boot fit.

Just like most shops in any business. There are a few that know the products but the person that you speak was Steve.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I live in the NH seacoast area; my shop is Fire on the Mountain in Dover. Knowledgeable staff and fair prices. Not the best spot for outerwear, but everything else is solid. The tune shop does a great job.

redwinger

I live in Newburyport, you have a couple options close by. Putnam's in NH. Golf and Ski Warehouse in Greenland, NH. or Paul's Sportswear & Ski in Salisbury, MA.

Rikka

Ski Haus in Salem or Burlington has been very good to me. Like puck it says ask for Steve

JDMRoma

I know a lot of people who shop at Putnams' in Portsmouth. In the past I've gone to Buchika's in Salem.

If you're willing to make the drive to Nashua, Proctor's is by far the best around on prices. The owner, Jeff, is always willing to negotiate and cut a deal.

+1 on Proctors in Nashua, new location now with plenty of parking...easy access and they are knowledgable and Great to deal with.
Worked with both my wife and Daughter on Boot fittings......they were great !

LiquidFeet

Sport Stop in Wenham. My home town. Nice small shop; plenty of gear. They do seasonal rentals too.
Where on the North Shore are you?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I live in Newburyport, you have a couple options close by. Putnam's in NH. Golf and Ski Warehouse in Greenland, NH. or Paul's Sportswear & Ski in Salisbury, MA.

I would skip Golf and Ski Warehouse. Great for golfers, poor for skiers. Putnam's is pretty good. Paul's I've never been too.

xwhaler

I would skip Golf and Ski Warehouse. Great for golfers, poor for skiers. Putnam's is pretty good. Paul's I've never been too.

I agree with this. Always use Putnam's for binding mounts and tunes. I have coupons tho for 2 free tunes to Golf and Ski so gonna save the $40 and give them a shot.....figure they can't mangle the skis too bad

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AlpineZone mobile app

TheArchitect

I had a good experience buy my sons skis from Sun and Ski. For boots, I'd go back to Ski Stop regardless of the drive. I got mine there and was very, very happy with their boot fitters.