• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Northern NH NCP snowpack damage?

RISkier

We were thinking of heading to Northern NH this weekend. Loose plans but thought we'd ski a day at Bretton Woods, perhaps a day at Attitash or Wildcat, or Burke, and then perhaps a half day at someplace like Gunstock on the way home. As of last night the NOAA forecast for BW was calling for 1" to 2" of rain. Thinking it might be wise to stay home this weekend. Any first hand reports as to what's left up there would be most helpful. Thanks much.

hammer

Also interested in getting any reports from Saturday. Main concern I have is that everything will freeze up and it will be a skating rink. Had enough of those conditions last season.

JDMRoma

Not sure but the radar looks Nasty up north right now, southern part where I live I can cut my lawn tonight when I get home.
Im planning on BW for Saturday but Im bringing my Ice skates for sure........

Euler

Southern VT got hammered. In Putney there's no snow left to freeze into the skating rink you worry about. Thankfully the bigger areas laid down tons of man made during the cold spell last week, and they'll groom it our nicely by the weekend I'm sure. Naturals will be out of play.

JDMRoma

Thats what's worrying me, BW didnt run snow making at all last week...None !
From what I hear their snowmaking is limited now, at the end of January
....could be hit or miss this weekend and Im only going since I have the pass. Sunday and Monday I may have to rethink BW .....

Last edited:

Puck it

I give you exhibit A of the damage OUCH!!!!!!!

Cannon.jpg

Puck it

Not if you like tree skiing. Wouldn't be shocked if that's a trail with snowmaking too.

It did have manmade snow on it. It the essentialy the top of Profile. They may be able to farm some snow or blow some. It was covered with snow yesterday, if this bare. I do not want to know what the lower part of the mountain looks like. Zoomer Liftline is probably back to grass again.

RISkier

Thanks for the reports. I was afraid this would be a bad event for the resorts. We're bagging the weekend trip.

Puck it

Not sure your pic posted correctly. I see full coverage in your pic compared to what the cam is showing on their site.

I think the link is dynamic. I forgot to stop the update. I see the left side now towards Taft. It misses the point now.

LiquidFeet

Cannonball//Proflie never got up and running this season. Or if it did it sure didn't last.
It was white and just fine last season. Go figure.

Puck it

Cannonball//Proflie never got up and running this season. Or if it did it sure didn't last.
It was white and just fine last season. Go figure.

Yes and no. The part with the bare spots is the top section that connects to Taft and Upper Ravine. This is needs to be open to access those. The lower part was being blown before the warm up.