• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Norwich

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Got out for an epic XC today with 2-10 inches wind blow with bright sun and temps in the upper 20s. Me and my 13 year old lab mix made long carves down thru the low angle meadows of the lost ski area behind the house. I kept waiting for him to bonk but every time he'd catch up to me he had that "One more run" look in his old eyes. He's crashed on the rug now twitching, eyes rolled back in his head, smiling. I gotta say how much fun light tele gear is. No skins. Low angle. Long carves....blue bird. Maybe I can enjoy a little more winter.

MrMagic

JD anything left of theold ski area or just open slopes?

JD

Website
hotmail.com
A random Building in the flat just above the last pitch. The concrete block from the old bull wheel up top. Lots of signage, now in the middle of the woods. Still an active ski community in town.