• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

dlague

Nice thing about this storm - followed by at least a week and a half of cold days (in the 30's of less) and then it will not be blow torch (40's).

like the blow torch in Colorado now.

HEY DAVE!
bth_middle_finger_flame.jpg

This is love! I just mention how lucky you guys will be with a decent storm and followed by cold weather and somehow I must of hurt some ones feelings!

It will be warm on the front range but not at elevation. In the mountains it will get above freezing but nothing too scary.

Blow torch here? Ya if that is what this looks like from yesterday

abasinsnow.jpg

lovelandPass.jpg

BenedictGomez

I booked a room in Lake Placid for this weekend based on the net western trend of the 00z and 12z model suites. Ballsy move on my part and I hope I'm right, but because of the combo of the NCAA ECAC hockey championships & this storm, there wasnt much lodging availability left as of this afternoon. Now I wait and see whether I'll be skiing on ice (if it slides east) or 10" to 20" of powder if I'm right and this western trend is legit. Fingers crossed.

Glenn

No cable here. Local news is on via rabbit ears in the attic.

NWS Albany is calling for just under two feet in SoVT. Already excited for the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

The TREND IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what it means yet because it's still an evolving situation, but I know it's great news!

BenedictGomez

This is going to be an Oprah snowstorm for ski country!!!!!!

YOU get 20", and YOU get 24", and YOU get 18", and YOU get 27", and YOU get 19".

EV-RE-Bah-De gehts a snowstorm!

Oprah-Pointing.jpg

BenedictGomez

Camelback is already reporting 14", which means nothing to me because they're the biggest liars of any ski resort I know, but it seems plausible given Blue Mountain is reporting 16", and there's LOTS more snow to come. Nothing to worry about for Poconos.

gladerider

a lot more snow? how much more? it's now sleet and freezing rain by me.

4aprice

a lot more snow? how much more? it's now sleet and freezing rain by me.

Should be all snow in Pocono's but a little mix wouldn't be a disaster. Just means the storm is a little more north and west which is where you want it anyways. Pocono's will be fine, as like I said, I was there just before the temperature drop and the base ( @ CBK) was still in decent shape. The more north the better as NY/NE could really use it to get everything back into play for the spring.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Should be all snow in Pocono's but a little mix wouldn't be a disaster. Just means the storm is a little more north and west which is where you want it anyways. Pocono's will be fine, as like I said, I was there just before the temperature drop and the base ( @ CBK) was still in decent shape. The more north the better as NY/NE could really use it to get everything back into play for the spring.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

A little sleet at Camelback ,not sure how much they got . A relative 10 miles from Lake Harmony reportred 23" JF must be close to jackpot. Southern Lehig co. got lots of sleet only about 10-12".