• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

cdskier

We are at the base of Sugarbush access road. Couple of inches on the ground. Hoping more accumulates overnight!

There's definitely already more than that at the top of the access road. Looks like currently in the 4-6 range in my condo parking lot. Snow stake webcam shows around 9 and that doesn't include the 3 inches that had fallen by the end of the day when they cleared it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

Looks to be about 7-8" of snow sleet mix at the VT place. The Mt Snow report says 6-8" of snow. I'm a bit surprised, our place is at about 800', I thought this storm would deliver more at elevation.

No update from Stratton yet. Their email report this am and website are still showing info from 3:30 yesterday.

dlague

Reports say VT might get up to 2 feet by Saturday???

What are you seeing? It appears that weather reports are calling for liquid precip through this week with the exception of tonight possibly where northern areas and higher elevations might get snow. Being optimistic, Bretton Woods, Wildcat and the higher summits of the White Mountains could see anywhere from 9-12 inches. Interior ME, such as Sunday River and Sugarloaf, could see 12-15 inches followed with some upslope rains on Wednesday.

Fridays system is borderline right now but looks more wet than fluffy!

fbrissette

I only see misery and despair. Whatever little snow we might see will be lost in the the upcoming great flood. I predict a lot of flood warnings in the upcoming days. Not good. Last week-end at Jay was nothing short of fantastic.

Jully

What are you seeing? It appears that weather reports are calling for liquid precip through this week with the exception of tonight possibly where northern areas and higher elevations might get snow. Being optimistic, Bretton Woods, Wildcat and the higher summits of the White Mountains could see anywhere from 9-12 inches. Interior ME, such as Sunday River and Sugarloaf, could see 12-15 inches followed with some upslope rains on Wednesday.

Fridays system is borderline right now but looks more wet than fluffy!

SL might get by and set up for a great Reggae Fest.

Glenn

At this point, we can only hope for mixed precip at elevation. Anything to stop the potential melt-off.

NWS Albany has issued a Food Watch for SoVT. BLAH!

kingslug

I look at several reports, most end up wrong. The last one was for high elevations, which looks like it may pan out later in the week, just not today.

Glenn

Round two heading east now. A few white spots on the radar around Manchester VT. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

cdskier

Round two heading east now. A few white spots on the radar around Manchester VT. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

There appears to be a coating of some form of frozen precip at least at the upper elevations of Sugarbush from what I can see on their webcams. Their snow report says temps are expected to rise though so that may change.

snoseek

8 inches in the last 24 at the cat says the report. It should be OK today.

Glenn

Looks like the SoVT resorts managed an inch of frozen something overnight. Hard to tell how things look this AM. Pretty foggy as of now on the cams.