• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NY/FL Woman Missing On Crosscountry Roadtrip

Zand

Before 3 days ago, how many times have ANY of these people posted about or reported on the missing indigenous people in Wyoming? Guarantee for the vast majority of these people, it's 0.

Don't get me wrong, it absolutely should be talked about. And I guess the one silver lining (if there is one) from this whole thing is that maybe it will get people to take it more seriously. Taking the energy put into this case and applying it to the hundreds of others is a good thing.

But the manner in which many people have brought it up is virtue signaling in the worst way. They had no idea about the indigenous people 4 days ago and had no desire to ever learn about it. Now suddenly there's posts everywhere saying "WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS WHEN THERES HUNDREDS OF MISSING INDIGENOUS PEOPLE? MISSING WHITE WOMAN SYNDROME HUR HUR HUR" The worst is Joy Reid, bitching about the media coverage about this case. Idiot, you are the media. How many stories have YOU run on the indigenous people missing?

It's fucking disgusting.

ScottySkis

Does anyone else see what appears to be a cardinal here? I think that Gabby was letting you know she was close. ❤️🩹

"May you come to find comfort in and remember: Cardinals appear when angels are near. ... When God sends a cardinal, it's a visitor from heaven. Cardinals appear when loved ones are near. When you keep seeing a certain type of bird, it is usually a heaven-sent messenger of love for you.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Before 3 days ago, how many times have ANY of these people posted about or reported on the missing indigenous people in Wyoming? Guarantee for the vast majority of these people, it's 0.

Don't get me wrong, it absolutely should be talked about. And I guess the one silver lining (if there is one) from this whole thing is that maybe it will get people to take it more seriously. Taking the energy put into this case and applying it to the hundreds of others is a good thing.

But the manner in which many people have brought it up is virtue signaling in the worst way. They had no idea about the indigenous people 4 days ago and had no desire to ever learn about it. Now suddenly there's posts everywhere saying "WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS WHEN THERES HUNDREDS OF MISSING INDIGENOUS PEOPLE? MISSING WHITE WOMAN SYNDROME HUR HUR HUR" The worst is Joy Reid, bitching about the media coverage about this case. Idiot, you are the media. How many stories have YOU run on the indigenous people missing?

It's fucking disgusting.
Yep. That's the message of the political cartoon.

ThatGuy

It's fucking disgusting.
That’s the modern reaction to most problems. Ignore till its right in your face then forget after blaming everyone else for the issue.

ScottySkis

ScottySkis

1 town over from my old HS in long Island I went to Centereach.
Gabby went to. Selden
I have bunch friend with her family so hit s home for sure.
Memorial went well and lots of rainbow all over.
"""Our Selden home has love and support for the Joseph Petito and Schmidt family. Our door is always open my friend. #justiceforgabby

ScottySkis

The Gabby Petito Foundation. No one should have to find their child on their own. We are creating this foundation to give resources and guidance on bringing their children home. We are looking to help people in similar situations as Gabby. #gabbypetito https://gabbypetitofoundation.org

ScottySkis

ScottySkis

$100,000.
Over the amount now to find Brian

ScottySkis

The Gabby Foundation Gabby Petito Foundation is up and running. PLEASE NOTE: when you google Gabbys name on any search engine you will find shirts and other things for sale that say all proceeds or partial proceeds go to the Gabby foundation… THIS IS NOT TRUE. Please don’t buy from these people it’s a scam.

ScottySkis

North Port Police Department and the FBI have located items of interest at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time.

thetrailboss

Staff member
North Port Police Department and the FBI have located items of interest at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time.
I just saw that human remains may have been found. Likely him.

ScottySkis

I Pray He confessed to the crime in the notebook. Gabby's Family deserves to have closure and peace of mind, as well has to have answers. Brian deserves nothing less than to live in hell for the rest of his life on the other side. Prayers for Gabby's Family!!!! As far as his parents, I can not bring myself to express sadness to them, for I feel they helped him hide. I do hope that if its proven that they helped their son, they do have to pay the price and do time.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I Pray He confessed to the crime in the notebook. Gabby's Family deserves to have closure and peace of mind, as well has to have answers. Brian deserves nothing less than to live in hell for the rest of his life on the other side. Prayers for Gabby's Family!!!! As far as his parents, I can not bring myself to express sadness to them, for I feel they helped him hide. I do hope that if its proven that they helped their son, they do have to pay the price and do time.
He got off easy. So sad. Karma is a bitch though. Those that had credible interactions with him after the date of the alleged murder all say that he was acting pretty fucked up and not in his right mind.