• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo 1/20/07

maplevalleymaster

Website
www.freewebs.com
Date(s) Skied: 1/20/07-1/21/07

Resort or Ski Area: Okemo

Conditions: Packed powder

Trip Report: I got an early start with the day at the Jackson Gore area. I took three runs, one on the newly opened Tuckered Out, Limelight, and Vortex/Quantam Leap. They were snowmaking on Upper Quantam Leap, Big bang and Eclipse. I then went over to the Solitude area which had really fantastic snow. Moonshadow and Line Drive on the Morning Star area were being snowmade on. After I went to the South Face via a run up the Northstar Express. The South Face had some of the best conditions I have seen in a while. Dream Weaver, Stump Jumer, Punch Line, Wild Thing, and Blind Faith were all open. I spent much of my day circulating these trails and the high speed quad. It was really an amazing day and they were able to get a lot open for the winter we have been having. Tomorrow should bring about some new trails also.