• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PEAK RESORTS: AZ Challenge 2007 Response/Feedback Thread

Greg

Staff member
Last edited:

Newpylong

Good stuff. I hope people who haven't traditionally visited Mount Snow and Attitash give it a shot this year. Even if the mountains aren't high up in your preference list, it's worth giving your support to a company who is about skiing, and not real estate. While I haven't been to Attitash in years, if you visit Mount Snow I think you will like the atmosphere there...

MikeTrainor

I would be up for giving Mt. Snow another try. Last time I was there I thought it was going downhill and the prices were quite high for bad food, but I think that was the case with all asc mountains. Attitash might be a tough one though with Wildcat so close.

Newpylong

Mike, I think many would agree with you.

The local management kept the place going as best they could with what they had, but it really was starting to show age all around. Thankfully, some money is being spent.

Luckily, lift ticket prices won't increase this year. Food prices have also been reduced, believe it or not.

I think if temps permit, they will be open quite early this year with some good stuff.

millerm277

I plan to visit Mt. Snow at least once this year, not sure about Attiash, NH is a bit too far typically.

RiverChaser

I hope that Peak doesn't turn Attitash and Mount Snow into 'whale mountain' like they did at Jack Frost in PA. They blew loads of snow from their fans and didn't do any grooming for weeks, even though they opened the trails. That left huge rollers (6 feet high in some cases) across the trails which made them unskiable. This way they could list the trails as open even though no one could ski them.

Greg

Staff member
I hope that Peak doesn't turn Attitash and Mount Snow into 'whale mountain' like they did at Jack Frost in PA. They blew loads of snow from their fans and didn't do any grooming for weeks, even though they opened the trails. That left huge rollers (6 feet high in some cases) across the trails which made them unskiable. This way they could list the trails as open even though no one could ski them.

Probably an effort at snow preservation. Piled snow doesn't melt out as quickly as spread out snow. This is probably even more important at a somewhat latitude challenged PA ski area.