• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Planning trip to burke - Webcam makes it look like a contruction zone

hudsonhacker

I have never skied Burke, but will be travelling down to Burke with my kids for a few days during Canadian spring break, March 1 st to 4th. I just checked the Burke Website and it looks like a construction zone....how much work is going on and does it impact the skiing at all?

Looking forward to Burke. That week in Quebec all the rates for lodging go through the roof and you cannot just rent a condo for 2 or three nights, you have to book whole a week. Burke wins for:
1) Reatively inexpensive slopside lodging (from what i have found online so far)
2) Inexpensive skiing through liftopia or 2 for 1 with Quebec driver's license
3) Lack of crowds compared to Owl's Head or Sutton that week
4) Get to add another hill to my list
5) Looks like good terrain for my 10 and 12 year old

Off to reserach condos for rent......yes, skking on the cheap cn include ski in ski out!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
The construction is limited to the area immediately below the chairlift you see on the webcam. It does not interfere with the ski terrain at all.
Hopefully, by March, the snowmaking debacle that is currently going on at the mountain will be a distant memory.

Here is a better view from up on the mountain where you can see the Hotel construction zone is isolated to the area below the lift that is not part of the ski terrain.

Mid-Burke from DarlingPoint by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

hudsonhacker

Thanks for the photo. It looks far less obtrusive than it does on Burke's webcam! Now, snow hard for the next 8 weeks!

VTKilarney

I have a friend who rents two trail side condos. I can vouch for their cleanliness. If you are interested send me a PM.

Assuming there is snow, I think that Burke is a fantastic choice during Quebec break. Similarly, Quebec is a great choice during USA vacation periods. Well played!

hudsonhacker

I have a friend who rents two trail side condos. I can vouch for their cleanliness. If you are interested send me a PM.

Assuming there is snow, I think that Burke is a fantastic choice during Quebec break. Similarly, Quebec is a great choice during USA vacation periods. Well played!

PM Sent!