• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill 3/1, Berkshire East 3/2

rocks860

Looks like I'll be there on Saturday. I've never been, anything in particular I should check out?

ScottySkis

Looks like I'll be there on Saturday. I've never been, anything in particular I should check out?[/QUOTE black trails band left side the mountain. Blockbuster for bumps and steeps. Glade s are not marked but easy boo to see when your on chair your see others in trees. Also take green trails see how they wrap around you see glades off those to but also be careful of usually rocks in those areas. Cliff tails half way down at bottom . enjoy Platty .

C-Rex

Looks like I'll be there on Saturday. I've never been, anything in particular I should check out?

Hey dude, sorry for the slow response. I hadn't been checking this thread. I'd definitely make the drive to Platty if you can. Where in CT are you? If you can take 91 to 90 that's going to be your best bet.

As far as what you should hit... depends on what you like to ski, of course. While there's definitely some fun stuff off the triple chair, the double is where it's at. The place is small enough that you can definitely explore most of it in a day. I really don't know the place well enough to give good advice, but I really like The Cliffs, the woods to skier's right of the double chair, and all the twisty trails to the skiers right side of the mountain. Scotty and Cornhead can give you more specifics.

rocks860

Hey dude, sorry for the slow response. I hadn't been checking this thread. I'd definitely make the drive to Platty if you can. Where in CT are you? If you can take 91 to 90 that's going to be your best bet.

As far as what you should hit... depends on what you like to ski, of course. While there's definitely some fun stuff off the triple chair, the double is where it's at. The place is small enough that you can definitely explore most of it in a day. I really don't know the place well enough to give good advice, but I really like The Cliffs, the woods to skier's right of the double chair, and all the twisty trails to the skiers right side of the mountain. Scotty and Cornhead can give you more specifics.

I'm in Rocky hill. I'll either take 84 over or take 44 up and over to 23 I think. 44 is nice and scenic and traffic shouldn't be bad. I hate 84 with a passion

rocks860

Why not go straight up 91 to the Mass pike?

Looks like that would be pretty far out of the way. Based on Google maps its 184 miles to go that way vs 147 to go 44 and Id be going pretty far north to go back south again. It's definitely more highway going up to 90 which is obviously faster. I'll have to consider it. There's also the whole tolls thing