• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Potential 14-15 AZ west summit?

skiNEwhere

Seeing as ski resorts will probably start pushing out their season passes for next year, I want to get the ball rolling on a potential AZ summit in Colorado for next season.

Is there any interest? If you could go what dates would work best?

Where would you want to ski? How many days?

I want to get this info out now because as everyone knows, the longer you wait, the higher the price.

Vail resorts released their season pass rates:
Epic: $729 Unlimited skiing at all of their resorts, plus a few days at a some over seas resorts. Probably not the best deal unless you plan on skiing 5+ days or are going to Tahoe or the canyons during peak periods.

Epic local: $529 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek combined, (with peak restrictions) unlimited skiing at the rest of Vail resorts ski areas in Colorado, plus A-basin, with no blackout dates. Unlimited skiing (with restrictions though) at their Tahoe resorts, and canyons as well.

Epic 4 day: 4 days of skiing at any of Vail resorts (keystone, breck, Vail, beaver creek) plus a-basin, the canyons, and the Tahoe resorts with no date restrictions.

The first two I mentioned come with 6 buddy passes, so you can get a "discounted" lift ticket for them for $89

I'm not listing everything here...more info at snow.com/epic-pass/passes

Winter park and copper have a joint season pass as well with a steamboat add on option for like 20 bucks. They haven't released the prices yet but it's usually around $500. Ski with a friend was $59 this season as well.

Edit: Just re-read this and realized I sound like a straight up salesman. No I am not making any sort of commission off of this lol

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
YO. I saw this thread a few days ago and have been so busy at work I haven't had the chance to post much this week.

I am determined to get a west coast summit or gathering at some point. We tried a year or two ago to tap a few resorts but didn't get much in the way of a really spectacular deal which is what we were angling for.

I'd liek to setup several trips for AZ next year. I was going to start pursuing this more once the ski season slows down in April or May. I had Colorado in mind primarily because my sister is located there and it just makes it convenient for us and I think she may have some connections in to the resorts which we have yet to try and talk with.

IF you want let's chat more about some ideas. I could definitely use help with coordinating this.

xwhaler

If the price was right I'd absolutely be interested...have a lot of points to use w/ United so potentially could make this a nice value trip.
Have never skied CO before.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Vail resorts released their season pass rates:
Epic: $729 Unlimited skiing at all of their resorts, plus a few days at a some over seas resorts. Probably not the best deal unless you plan on skiing 5+ days or are going to Tahoe or the canyons during peak periods.

Epic local: $529 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek combined, (with peak restrictions) unlimited skiing at the rest of Vail resorts ski areas in Colorado, plus A-basin, with no blackout dates. Unlimited skiing (with restrictions though) at their Tahoe resorts, and canyons as well.

Epic 4 day: 4 days of skiing at any of Vail resorts (keystone, breck, Vail, beaver creek) plus a-basin, the canyons, and the Tahoe resorts with no date restrictions.

The first two I mentioned come with 6 buddy passes, so you can get a "discounted" lift ticket for them for $89

I'm not listing everything here...more info at snow.com/epic-pass/passes

Winter park and copper have a joint season pass as well with a steamboat add on option for like 20 bucks. They haven't released the prices yet but it's usually around $500. Ski with a friend was $59 this season as well.

A-Basin - $299 unlimited, no blackouts. 2 days at Taos, 1 day unguided at Silverton

Loveland - $399 unlimited, no blackouts, 3 days at Monarch, 3 days Durango, 3 days Crested Butte, 1 day unguided at Silverton
$279 midweek pass, unlimited, 3 days at Monarch, 1 day unguided at Silverton

thetrailboss

Staff member
A-Basin - $299 unlimited, no blackouts. 2 days at Taos, 1 day unguided at Silverton

Loveland - $399 unlimited, no blackouts, 3 days at Monarch, 3 days Durango, 3 days Crested Butte, 1 day unguided at Silverton
$279 midweek pass, unlimited, 3 days at Monarch, 1 day unguided at Silverton

Those are SEASON PASS rates?! Wow. Holy $hit those are good deals.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah, when I was at A-Basin they had flyers up in the restrooms advertising next year's season pass. I almost pissed all over myself when I saw how much they are.

The thing is that in a good snow year, both A-Basin and Loveland deliver skiing and riding longer than almost anyone else. Long season is a top thing for me.