• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Powder Mountain / Snowbasin / Beaver Mountain 30Jan - 02Feb23

Cornhead

Wow, incredible pics, looks amazing, thanks for posting.

jimk

Beautiful pics. You got some cool, but pretty weather. I was skiing the Cottonwoods same timeframe. There was a nice dump throughout the Wasatch the two days before your first ski day. Excellent timing!
More snow in the Wasatch today and tonight. What a year out here! Snowbird today, just before the snow started:
johnl 5 feb 2023 snowbird.jpg

Reactions: Edd

Edd

I’d never been to that part of Utah or those ski areas. I was pretty blown away by all three mountains. Very different from each other but great in their own way. We had no crowds at any point. Both of the days we were at Powder it was “sold out” but no lift lines. I’ll take the week we had over the typical Cottonwood experience any day.

jaytrem

Great pics, thanks for posting! I'm hoping Beaver is still open when I get there in April. Such a cool place.

Tonyr

That first batch of photos from Powder Mountain are fantastic! Thanks for sharing. (The rest are great too) Bluebird days skiing on a bunch of leftover powder is the best. Looks like you had a great trip. What was your favorite resort of the three?

Edd

That first batch of photos from Powder Mountain are fantastic! Thanks for sharing. (The rest are great too) Bluebird days skiing on a bunch of leftover powder is the best. Looks like you had a great trip. What was your favorite resort of the three?
Tough question. Powder is so unique and the terrain is a goddamn delight. It just requires some navigation patience, but with the low crowd density that’s not hard. Did my first cat ride, which was great.

Snowbasin is the closest of the 3 to a ”normal” ski operation, but even then they don’t have lodging. Great layout, easy navigation for such a big mountain, pretty amazing terrain, more of a badass place than I was expecting. Appreciate the on-mountain restaurants, which is an area Powder and Beaver fall short.

Beaver is a trip, I kept thinking it’s kind of a perfect ski mountain, they did a hell of a job cutting those trails. Great vibe, and has everything you need, except booze 👎.

If I had to commit to one, Powder for the trees, Snowbasin for everything else. If Beaver had a bar, I’d have no complaints.

Tonyr

I've skied Snowbasin once before, they have the nicest lodges by far and great lift infrastructure. A hotel is coming next year or the year after, I hated the parking experience so this new hotel will be a welcome addition assuming it doesn't cost a small fortune to stay there. Definitely want to go back one day.
20210220_104842~2.jpg

chuckstah

Thanks for the report. I've only been to Snowbasin of the 3 and loved it, but if the snow drought here continues a quick Indy Utah excursion might be in order.

Tonyr

Thanks for the report. I've only been to Snowbasin of the 3 and loved it, but if the snow drought here continues a quick Indy Utah excursion might be in order.
Utah is at all-time snow levels, I'd definitely try and swing a trip out there if possible this season.

gladerider

was at snowbasin on 2/3. looks like you were there just after the snow storm. it's a great mountain.
love powder mountain also.