• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RAW - Nassahegan - 2009/07/15

WoodCore

Met up with Greg, Bvibert and Trev at Scoville Road and rolled onto the trails about quarter past 6.Started with a Cemetery Twisties to the FKC onto the downhills, across Rt. 69 and down the Hinman trail. Trev bailed here and the rest of us continued through the Jug a Lug and into the Scoville Twisties across E. Chippens, up to the 4-way and into the downhill back to the cars.

I'll let Greg and Brian give a better account of the ride details but to sum it up, tonight was almost a perfect night for riding. So glad I got out for a rip.

Here's the track.......

http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=592

http://crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=7&t=592&w=0

Anyway, great riding with you guys again!! Nice to see Brian back in the saddle again and look forward to doing it again soon. :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Great ride tonight, exactly what I needed!

I stumbled a bit more than I would have liked, but overall I rode better than I thought I would. I definitely lost some of my wind, but I was able to keep up for the most part. Really felt great to be back on the bike after being off for so long!

Thanks for the great ride tonight guys, and thanks for the tasty post-ride brew Woodcore. :beer:

Greg

Staff member

Actually pretty interesting that this ride ended up being a clean loop with no overlap or crossing of trails! I didn't pick up on that until I saw this. This has to be the new standard loop; just a little bit of everything. Nice to log close to 7 miles in a 2-ish hour RAW. Killer pace. And make no mistake - the big man is back. Brian was flying tonight. Hard to believe Trev and Jon are in their first season. Killer ride and the trails are perfecto. Probably the best blast down Hinman I've ever done. Still loving the bike more each ride. Kinda funny when Brian saddled up on it and almost bottomed it out without even rolling anywhere. :lol:

Trev

Yea, definitely a great run yesterday, too bad I had to bail early but I have kids to pick up :)

From my end, perfectly clean Cemetery to FKC was an excellent start!

The FKC was pretty good, standard I should say with the typical death spot hitting me and the ledge denied me twice.. no practice today.

As we crossed the gravel road into the next bit of rocky bumps and short/steep uphills I surprised myself with some incredible gains.. heh, funny part was I was soo focused on one specific area of the next short hill that once I cleared it I stopped... instead of going up the rest of the darn hill... /shrug whatever.. lol.

The down hills are getting better as my comfort level is increasing with them each time.

One part I particularly was happy with was the fact I jammed up and then over the entire ledge just prior to the start of the good down hills.. -- where Tim did the roller -- normally I stop and walk parts of the top as they are a bit gnarly... well there is potential for it.. but hitting that cleanly.. then down clean.. and with decent speed.. made me a happy rider.

The N end of the Hinman I have never liked.. dunno why.. but I jammed through the really rough spots -- near the beginning.. and the second stream got me like it always does.. it looks much gnarlier then it really is.. I have to get my route down and hit it a bit more aggressively.

The next stage was.. as Greg put it.. Ludicrous speed .. and we jammed... jammed.. that was a blast.

Great run guys! Glad to be out with you all again.. catch up soon.