• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rumors about changes at Sugarbush

thetrailboss

Staff member
As has been discussed in the SB RSN Chatroom, a local claims that Brambles, the narrow trail on the far right of Mt Ellen, has been 'dozed and blasted to become another wide, steep, icy trail no different from the others. :( Can anyone confirm?

If this gem, with its glades and narrow bends, is gone, then that would be a real shame.

Does anyone know of their added glade terrain at Ellen as well?

I like the fact that they have added a manager to that mountain. I personally like Mt Ellen best.

Tin Woodsman

As has subsequently been revealed (claimed?) by others on that forum, the damage may not be as extensive as initially feared. Just a little widening in the middle, while leaving the gladed sections untouched. We'll see. I'm not sure why GMVS would see the need to touch that at all when they have Inverness closed off most days.

As for the glades, they are already thinned out AFAIK. Thankfully, they won't be going on the map - a huge benefit for those with the curiousity to seek what lies beyond...

Greg

Staff member
I spoke with the folks at Sugarbush and the skinny on this is going to be released soon. I'll post the information as soon as I have something official.